• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is there to...

abi2047

Mama Doe
know about sheds/playhouses for when I get Riley. How do I prepare it? What should I put in it? I want to know everything there is to know about housing him in a playhouse/shed. :oops:

you will probably want some sort of barrier at the door, incase he trys to run out when you open it.

I would suggest getting one with a window. Put lino on the floor to protect it. Put litter trays, toys, water bowl, hay rack in and maybe a hidey place too.

Will you have space to attach a run? If so a cat flap in would be good. If you have someone around who is good at diy an inner door like this could be good

Photo025.jpg

I have since put a roll up piece of opaque plastic sheet on so that when the weather is bad they still have light but it doesnt rain in

My other shed has a shelf in it but a childs stool or chair could be good too

Last edited:
I would deffo lino the floor

Try and get one where you can open and close the windows for venilation in the summer, then mesh over them

A hidy hole of somesort would be good, try and fit his old hutch in and then remove one door?

A barrier for the door, I removed the mesh door of the hutch I've used for their hidey hole and used that

Added levels create more space, if you have ahuch in there also you can put a ramp up to the roof and use that as a shelf

Litter Tray to keep the floor clean

Heres my playhouse :wave: (sorry the pic are so big :oops:)

020.jpg

032.jpg

Do a search on sheds / wendy houses and read about what people have done and why. Look at photos and work out what will work for you.

Back