• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mouldy willow balls...

Blackberry & Co

Wise Old Thumper
Was cleaning the boys out today, and, bless 'em, they'd kicked all the willow balls into the far corners underneath the hutches (they just don't like playing with them or chewing them, but I left them in, just in case they decided they were interesting...)

Anyway, it's been so damp recently that they were all stating to grow a layer of mould :shock: - yuk!

I've disposed of them now, and I won't bother replacing them as the boys really didn't bother with them.

Every other toy has been well played with to the point of being totally trashed, but willow balls do not count as good toys for nethies :lol:

Wonder why they didn't like them? I bought a set of three different textured balls, which Spenser enjoyed wrecking, but the giant ball made of straw type stuff I can't remember the name of has been almost completely ignored - hasn't gone mouldy though! He had a wooden treat ball, but this disintegrated when he put it in his water bowl overnight. :roll:

ive still got on in the kitchen and a willow thing shaped as carrot, it was for the baby bun, but might as well give them to locksley now, seen as though he;s on his own, wonder if he'll like them :)

It's like a thin rope, all twisted round into a ball shape. The boys just sit and chew them into squillions of tiny pieces :lol:

Where do you get the seagrass balls from? My nethies love these too but I always end up buying the pack of 3 different balls and throwing the other 2 out because they don't like them :oops:

Ewww!!

My guys like the 'will ball trio' that I bought.... they ate the one that was kind of twiggy, have nibbled the flatish type one and enjoy throwing the thready type one around :lol:

The first time I bought a willow ball for Spenser I was so green in the ways of bunnies that I threw it out as soon as he chewed it - didn't realise that was the whole point! :oops:

Back