• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Waffle is very ill :( U/D pic p13 Home p24

Starlight

Warren Veteran
Waffle, one of our sponsor buns here, is very ill.
He has dentals every 4 weeks like clockwork, meaning the 15th technically is his next due date. The vet last time burred his teeth down further in the hope it may give some more time between dentals.

I noticed Friday that he has lost a lot of weight, and has a lump near his jaw. Though it does not seem attatched to the jaw, I am dreading that it may be dental related. This lump has made it hard for him to eat.

I have brought him back to Surrey with me for two days to feed him up with mushy food, away from the other 7 he lives with, to build his strength up. He will be seeing a vet first thing tomorrow morning.

I know it will be the dental problems that will be the end of him, but I didn't think it could be this soon :cry:

Last edited:
Oh no! Poor Waffle :cry::cry::cry: I am thinking of him and hoping that it goes ok at the vets tomorrow and it is something treatable and unrelated to his teeth.

Sending lots of vibes for Waffle xx

Poor Waffle, that sounds nasty :cry: really hope the vet offers you some hope. Lots of vibes for him xx

No, he is coming back home with me.

As this was Jon's weekend to spend at home, I was due to come back Saturday afternoon. As I have indoor boarders in, and the whole downstairs is being renovated, there was no where for him to go, and mum was coming up to Surrey for the day. So she drove us up here, and I am getting the train back first thing. He is so skinny, he just slept the way here in my arms.

It has ever since it started! All the walls in living room have been de-papered and painted, wooden flooring, and mess everywhere else!

If not, I may see if I can get an appointment with William at Wylies, so if anything, I can get a competant view on his future!

IMG000111.jpg

Here is a picture of the cheeky b*uggar, just before he nipped me.
He certainly seems brighter!

Dental issues are horrible! I lost Greg at 18 months old due to dental issues. Thankfully my Bugs is doing better with his teeth at the moment.

Hope Waffle is feeling better soon!! :wave: He's beautiful!!

I dont know if this is a factor or not, but if he is living with a group of healthy bunnies - i know muffin and crumpet have their own issues dont they? , but still thats alot of bunnies trying to get food and maybe being in a big group isnt whats best for a bunny like Waffle?

Just thinking if he has dental issues he probably doesn't need 7 bunnies gobbling all the food before he gets a chance? It does sound like other factors are at play here but just thought it was something to think about as it cant help im sure.

xxx

Dental issues are horrible! I lost Greg at 18 months old due to dental issues. Thankfully my Bugs is doing better with his teeth at the moment.

Hope Waffle is feeling better soon!! :wave: He's beautiful!!

This is my concern for my Frodo, he is 2 1/2 now but no idea how long he has had dental issues for as i have only had him for 2 weeks . No idea if he ever saw a vet or anything .

Waffle has now been admitted at my vets and tomorrow will be having his teeth checked under GA to rule out dental complications, and to try to get to the bottom of it.

Oh no poor little Waffle! I really hope he will be ok, I am thinking of him in the hospital and hoping and praying that they can get to the bottom of his dental problems and find a way to make it better for him. Sending lots of vibes xx Please let us know how he is tomorrow x

Back