• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit vs Dog in season =

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
One wet rabbit!!!

Went down stairs and lily had obviously picked smartie up as she would a puppy, took him back to her bed and cleaned every inch of her!! lol!! I now have a fluffy rabbit ha!!

he was just lying next to lily in her bed ha! obviously not in distressed cos he could just hopped out if he wanted to lol :/ wish I got a pic but I was worried Lily might of hurt his ears, but all seems fine!

Whilst it sounds cute are you sure the rabbit was fine???

Rabbits are a prey animal so when the are scared they will stay absolutely still in the hope that the predator will leave them and think them dead?

My dogs interact will nmy bunnies, but I'd be very worried if one of them tried to pick up a bun!

That sounds sweet! How old is Lily? I seem to think you had some toilet training issues with your dogs, did you get them resolved in the end?

Whilst it sounds cute are you sure the rabbit was fine???

Rabbits are a prey animal so when the are scared they will stay absolutely still in the hope that the predator will leave them and think them dead?

My dogs interact will nmy bunnies, but I'd be very worried if one of them tried to pick up a bun!

Labs are very soft mouthed, bred not to damage small animals whilst bringing the catch back. Of course not all Labs are the same, but when picking things up they are usually gentle!

maybe the bun hopped in the bed first???? i wouldnt like to think of one of my dogs picking any rabbit up.
surely your rabbit would of wriggled, mine would of gone mad i think. :?
i hope the bun is ok :D

yhh smarites fine bouncing around causing havoc! Lily wudnt hurt a fly lol, they are often together so are used to each other, and yh labs are caring dogs, and soft mouth very softly :)

That sounds sweet! How old is Lily? I seem to think you had some toilet training issues with your dogs, did you get them resolved in the end?

lily's 2 :) and yhh it was our other dog poppy whos 4 with the toilet problems we think was due to the fireworks!

Labs are very soft mouthed, bred not to damage small animals whilst bringing the catch back. Of course not all Labs are the same, but when picking things up they are usually gentle!

yhh they are very gentle doggies :) she just wants to mother him x

maybe the bun hopped in the bed first???? i wouldnt like to think of one of my dogs picking any rabbit up.
surely your rabbit would of wriggled, mine would of gone mad i think. :?
i hope the bun is ok :D

smartie is soooo laid back, hes not reli botherd by most things!

oh good :) it just sounds a bit shocking when you said your dog carried your rabbit. :shock: :lol:
you know your pets best. :wave:
it must of looked so cute then. :love:

I agree with BB Mommy, be VERY careful and aware.

I had the best bunny in the world and he was groomed by a cat (and had one small scratch on his face from her) and he died from shock the next day because. When we found him he had clearly been on alert for ages and was exhausted and terrified out of his mind. Also, cat and go saliva carries a lot of bacteria.

Chances are that won't happen to yours but whilst this sounds sweet, things like this go wrong so easily.

I had the best bunny in the world and he was groomed by a cat (and had one small scratch on his face from her) and he died from shock the next day because. When we found him he had clearly been on alert for ages and was exhausted and terrified out of his mind. Also, cat and go saliva carries a lot of bacteria.

Chances are that won't happen to yours but whilst this sounds sweet, things like this go wrong so easily.

Aww :( smartie seems fine, he is munching his food as we speak, we keep an eye on him! and maybe have some cuddle time with him later!

is that the story that is in your link at the bottom of your sig?
i had a quick read when you were being helpful when my poor miffy was poorly.
sounds like a lovely little rabbit and inspired you. :love:

Aww :( smartie seems fine, he is munching his food as we speak, we keep an eye on him! and maybe have some cuddle time with him later!

:) Hopefully he will be fine. Flash was fine, other than sleepy, until the next day when he was very shakey and wobbly. I would hope that doesn't happen with Smartie though.

is that the story that is in your link at the bottom of your sig?
i had a quick read when you were being helpful when my poor miffy was poorly.
sounds like a lovely little rabbit and inspired you. :love:

:love: Yes :) My special, special boy and the best friend I'll ever have.

It's lovely that they're such chums but i'd still not become complacent-my cats have grown up with many animals-some they avoid, some they've snuggled with. But i'd never trust them 100 percent unsupervised with a lone bun. They interact with our quad of buns whilst we are in different rooms etc but I wouldn't go out and leave them even though it's 4 buns vs 2 cats-and some of these buns will chase and lunge at the cats if they get too cocky. I can totally undertand your joy at your two best friends being best friends but i'd also be cautious. I'd never leave a dog and a bun unsupervised even for the shortest time. Larger dogs are so powerful they could cause harm unintentionally x x

Back