• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I found food for dental bunnies

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
Well my sister did... :)
She brought me a bag of the Bunny Nature Green Dream Oral/Senior food for Grim. Has anyone else used it or others in the range?

https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/Foo...reen+Dream+Oral+%252F+Senior+:+1.5kg.392.html

Smoo scoffed a few pellets but Grim seemed less than interested. I was also wondering, if he's not able to eat them dry he'll obviously loose the effect that the shaped pellets have on his teeth, but do you think it would still be beneficial for him to eat them soggy?

Currently on Burgess Excel Junior

Beneficial Fibre 36%
Crude Fibre 17%
Protein 16%
Vitamin C 50mg/kg
Vitamin D3 1,500iu/kg
Vitamin E 120mg/kg
Copper **12mg/kg
Vitamin A 15,000iu/kg
Oils 4%
Ash 6%
Calcium 0.90%
Phosphorous 0.5%

Ingredients

Grass, Oat Bran, Wheat, Soya Bean Hulls, Peas, Soya, Molasses, Yeast, Soya Oil, Mint, Ligno-Cellulose, Calcium Carbonate, Monocalcium Phosphate, Fructo-Oligosaccharides, 0.25%, Salt, Methionine, Vitamins and Minerals, Probiotic (Saccharomyces cerevisiae NCYC SC47 E1702 1 x 10^9 CFU/kg). Contains Natural Antioxidants. No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives.

And looking at Bunny Nature Green Dream Oral/Senior

fibre 21.0%
protein 13%,
fat 2.5%
ash 7%
calcium 1%
phosphorus 0.4%
copper 10.5 mg/kg
vitamin A 10000.0 IU/kg
vitamin D3 1000.0 mg/kg
vitamin E (tocopherol) 33.5 mg/kg

Ingredients

Alfalfa, soya grist, wheat semolina bran, oat husk bran, rusk flour, molasses, ryegrass, meadow fescue, red fescue, bentgrass, fingergrass, dandelion, hornwort, yarrow, ribwort, sorrel, coltsfoot, lotus, red meadow clover, white colver, soya oil. (The vegetable content is subject to natural variation).

I know nothing about things like beneficial fibre and crude fibre or what exact vitamins etc he should be getting. He can't eat hay though so the pellets are all he gets. :(

(And bread because I likes to spoil him...) :roll::oops:

I dont know anything about the ingredient amounts but I would be interested to hear what other people think - pellets for dental buns sound a great idea.

If they say senior though are they only to be used by older (mature rabbits) then as I have no idea how old Starbuck is? Though they may be useful for Kenco (6 yr old bunny) with dental problems.

Apparently the way it's actually made and it's shape help with rabbits who has misaligned teeth.

Fibre wise it sounds great. If you can't get the fibre into them via hay then the higher the better with the pellets.

Have you tried fresh grass? Lots of rabbits that won't eat hay will eat fresh grass and that's great for teeth wear and tummies.

Apparently the way it's actually made and it's shape help with rabbits who has misaligned teeth.

Would it be ok for non-dental bunnies too do you think? We are quite lucky in that all of ours, including the dental bunnies tuck in to their hay. They like grass too :)

It seems like it would be fine for normal buns too.

I'm confused though. This dental food has 21% fibre. The Excel has 36%
beneficial fibre and 17% crude fibre. What are beneficial and crude fibre? And which one has more fibre? Confused! :lol:

I love Bunny Nature and am feeding oral/senior to a non hay eating dental bun with no icisors and it's helping keep her going.

I also feed it to others here and think it's great. The shape helps but it's the fact that it's got good ingredients and is a compressed pellet rather than extruded that wins my vote.

I also use it with my piggies alongside their Bunny Basics

Would it be ok for non-dental bunnies too do you think? We are quite lucky in that all of ours, including the dental bunnies tuck in to their hay. They like grass too :)

If you dont have a dental bunny then there are other types of Bunny Nature Pellet in the range - Meadow Feast, herbs etc.

If you dont have a dental bunny then there are other types of Bunny Nature Pellet in the range - Meadow Feast, herbs etc.

Thank you. I was asking if was ok for non-dental bunnies because Kenco lives with Fay who has not had any problems with teeth and is only 2 years old, and there is no way I could stop either of them eating the others food!! :lol::lol::lol:

I have that problem too. I've somehow taught Smoo to come out and eat her food under a garden chair and Grim goes up to the top of the hutch where I lock him in to eat his. :lol:

My only problem is when it's raining.

Think i will order some of that , see if it will help my bunny he loves pellets so i am willing to give anything a go if it helps his teeth and diet.

Back