• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RSPCA policy on Rabbits and Guinea Pigs together

Minimallow

Wise Old Thumper
Just wondering what this is? I'm asking because i saw on the SSPCA rehoming website they are rehoming a bunny and a piggy together. I assumed they would know this isn't a good idea but tbh im not surprised they dont. Just wondering what the RSPCA policy is as they are so far ahead with welfare in many things?

It will depend on the rabbit, guinea pig and the branch.

Some places (generally, not specifically the RSPCA) say that if they are happy its cruel to separate them and unbond them.

The one I was involved with do not rehome together.

It will depend on the rabbit, guinea pig and the branch.

Some places (generally, not specifically the RSPCA) say that if they are happy its cruel to separate them and unbond them.

The one I was involved with do not rehome together.

Aah i see. I was just wondering what the other policies were as its quite confusing sometimes. On here its RSPCA guidelines for things which i totally agree with but the SSPCA doesn't really seem to have these.

Back