• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

calling all indoor bunnehs

Meh n me Marleh are moovin in wiv mummeh :D
Pwoblem iz, granneh isnt sure bouts de idea of uz tekkin over de place, she finks we iz gonna meks a mess, but we az bin pwactisin our poopin in a tray and we iz gettin good at it :)

Granneh might feel bettah if she az sum picz sent to 'er fwom all you TIDY 'ouse bunnehs livin in yer indoor 'ousez. So meh n me marleh will be verry 'appy if you bunnehs can doo this for uz :) :wave:

Our set upz is gonna be a bigs 6x4 pen and free rangin' when mummeh is at 'ome, so anyfink like dis will be mavelous :D ... granneh doesnt knowz about the free rangin' though, even thou we bin doin it for 2 yearsz alreadyz! ;)

matthew: erm, i say old chap, chapettes, chappies... can't (cough) so much help you there, old thing. have quite a reputation as an erm... destructabunny, i think the term is...let me see, a carpet costing £1400, destroyed... wallpaper mummy put up herself, destroyed...music centre, destroyed...computer sound system, destroyed... list goes on old thing, not the sort of thing to tell your granneh, eh, what?
tabitha: matthew, don't be so feeble! you and marley need to take your servants in hand. don't let them think there is anything or anywhere out of bounds. behind the fridge for example, is an excellent, warm, dark hidey hole, from which you might make attack forays of the killer bunneh kind. under the stairs, you might find a cupboard with a very secret place at the back, ideal for bunnies - once in there, your mummeh and granneh servant will be at a loss as to how to get you out.... yes, take a firm line with the staff... and with matthew... matthew! matthew!....

Dis is owr indoor 'ouse yezterday after mummeh cleaned uz owt
142.jpg

143.jpg

Dis is owr 'ouse dis morning, we haz made a mess buh mummeh comz along and sweepz it oop and it lookz clean again :thumb:
001-1.jpg

Oh and we needz a bigger litter tway
003-2.jpg

004-3.jpg

we pooz evewywhere buh we dunt peepee anywhere over dan owr litter tway :wave:
005-5.jpg

matthew: erm, i say old chap, chapettes, chappies... can't (cough) so much help you there, old thing. have quite a reputation as an erm... destructabunny, i think the term is...let me see, a carpet costing £1400, destroyed... wallpaper mummy put up herself, destroyed...music centre, destroyed...computer sound system, destroyed... list goes on old thing, not the sort of thing to tell your granneh, eh, what?
tabitha: matthew, don't be so feeble! you and marley need to take your servants in hand. don't let them think there is anything or anywhere out of bounds. behind the fridge for example, is an excellent, warm, dark hidey hole, from which you might make attack forays of the killer bunneh kind. under the stairs, you might find a cupboard with a very secret place at the back, ideal for bunnies - once in there, your mummeh and granneh servant will be at a loss as to how to get you out.... yes, take a firm line with the staff... and with matthew... matthew! matthew!....

:lol::lol::lol:

That really made meh laff, me Marleh has spatz his pellets everywhere! :lol::lol:

Fanks for de contwibution georgeypuddin' :wave: you az bin very elpful to meh mummeh dis last week or so.

Anybun else got a contwibution for meh granneh?

Smudge: Hello Marleh and ovver buneh whose name I nots knows.

Dis is Nutmeg and me's room...

_IGP0564-vi.jpg

Mischa: And dis is Mini and me's room... (mummeh says she is sowwy she can't find wider photos. Also she said say dat our door is never ever shuts - we not have room for a bigger enclosure so we free-range all da times)

Photo0414-vi.jpg

Photo0412-vi.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

That really made meh laff, me Marleh has spatz his pellets everywhere! :lol::lol:

Fanks for de contwibution georgeypuddin' :wave: you az bin very elpful to meh mummeh dis last week or so.

Anybun else got a contwibution for meh granneh?

Fankyoo, We finks mummeh iz vewy 'elpfull!

Beau: :wave: hiya fellow indoor bunnehs! You will lovez it, it iz the best - I gets to get in bed wiv mummeh and daddeh on a saturday and sunday morning and dey strokes me and gibs me treats! And it's all warm and snuggly, I don't really likez outside cos it's so big, I findz it vewwy scarey!

I don't have any pictures since mummeh changed my pen, but I will aks her to takez some later today. I has a NIC pen and it is behind the telly, so I get the whole end of the lounge! My pen is 7 panels long, wiv a 2x2 bit, then a tunnel, then a 2x3 bit. I lobz the tunnel best and spends most my time flopped in there.

I iz a vewwy clean bunny. I only poop and wee in my litter tray, so da rest of my pen is all cleany clean, I do tendz to pull my hay everywhere though :oops: and I don't make any mess at all in da rest of the houz, eben tho I free range a lot of the time. And I don't smellz at all - mummy sez all she can eber smell is ma hay!

I understandz da problim wiv grandmas. Mine is jus da same - she thortz I was gonna chew fingz and wee everywhere. But I showed he what a good boy I iz so now she lets me free range her WHOLE HOUSE when we go dere for holidays. It's normous, and half the time they don't eben know where I iz, but dey know I will be goodz :D

I iz Dolly for those of youz who dont know. Marleh iz a shy bunneh, so i doos all the speakinz. Mummeh said i has too much attitude coz i growls at her when she picks meh up, I is vewy fwendly thouz and i gives marleh n mummeh kissies coz i is a snugglebun when i wants to be.

Your 'ouses are wicked ;) We hopes ours iz cool as all yours!

Granted this was taken just after I had tidied but it honestly only takes about 5 minutes a day to brush out the hutch and vacume the floor all her pee and 95% of poops go in the litter tray/box. Please excuse the wires hanging down Geoff is not as tidy as Amber and has a Car battery charging on the kitchen work top :evil:

DSCF2969.jpg

This made me and my OH wet ourselves laughing!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

ETA: on a more helpful front, we have Starbuck who is a housebunny, he is very clean, only wees in his litter tray but just lately has done a few poos outside of the litter tray but this isnt a big problem as they are hard so you just pick them up and put them in for him. His hay doesnt go everywhere either. The main thing with him is that being a black bunny on a beige carpet is his fur everywhere, but thats only really a problem at moulting times.

He does also nibble the bottoms of the curtains but thats our fault as we left them long and he seems so attached to them and loves running in and out that we dont have the heart to shorten them! :oops: He has dug in a few spots of the living room but mostly in dark places or in nooks and crannies, but we have blocked all these off with cushions now so isnt a problem!

We also had Fay as a housebunny (outdoor bunny since the summer) and she was absolutely perfect with her litter tray too and not much hay tended to come out either luckily. She was a bit of a digger in the carpet but it was only a cheap carpet so we didnt mind too much, she nibbled a bit on the throw that we put over the sofa in her room, but we'd rather that than the sofa itself.

Its so lovely having housebunnies as they are around you all the time, and come running over to you and do funny things that make you laugh. Its nice letting them share your space with you, they are there when you walk in the door and there when you get up in the morning. :love::love:

I would have a housefull of bunnies if I could! :love:

Last edited:
Lola Herro well i is a really messy girly bun, i donts care how much mess i makes and i poops everywhere when im out, i got peepee on the sofa and i chews and digs everything half of the wallpaper is missing! I am a very good girl though i gives kisses out, i gives snuggles, i purr to anyone that cuddles me and i loves it when i can beg fur food in the kitchen;) If you cans gets your slave trained she will feeds your when you go on your back legs it works everytime ;)
022.jpg

091.jpg

076-1.jpg

059.jpg

027-1.jpg

Charlie & delilah nots to puts you off but we is real messy pups mind you if the slave set our house up a bits better maybe it would be cleaner...;) we have two bedrooms to ourselfs and we share the bed with the human, mind you at the night times we chill out in our den shes constantly moving around we hops up in the morning to wakes her up! We doesnt sleeps in a cage but we has a dog crate to fill up in and goes peepee, delilah gots the hang of the peepee thing buts still poops everywhere, me on the other hand is a good boy and pee's and poop's in the litter tray! We makes a mess of our room in around 0.4 seconds as soon as dat hay is out we throw it around and makes a really big mess :lol: we gets a clean out each morning which is a sweep of the floor and we gets our litter tray cleaned out every 2 days so we doesnt get smelly!
129.jpg

122.jpg

123.jpg

124.jpg

011.jpg

Truffle and Fudge's setup (with their 5 panels :oops:).
Not very close-up I'm afraid but you can see I hope that they stay quite contained and tidy.
house.jpg

Noah: Noah here :wave: We is da lubely bunnehs and tweat da hoomans room wid muchs care :D Dis is our house. Da squeaks guinee peegs have da top two floors. Da bottom ones is ours!
011-14.jpg

Dis is inside our homes. Its stays neats like dis. Cept for whens we nomms on our seagrass mats.
001-2.jpg

Dis is me and our lubely kitchens area. Dis bit gets a widdle bit messeh but cause its in the cage it don't matter - mummeh is happeh that it doesn't gets troddens on her floors.
084-1.jpg

We doos sometimes makes da mess, but its not ours fault! Da hoomans put it there!
052-3.jpg

And dens we doos I gets Charlee to do da cute face and da hooman forgives uss!!
081.jpg

Marley: these is 'mazing! Keeps 'em comin'
Dolly: But yeh donts 'av toos cos mummeh gots her own way anyways, and a finks granneh dont mind uz too much, granneh said goodnight last night! :D

Marley: Mummeh cant waits for our pen fingy to come, she said if it doesnt come sharpish we iz goin' to be 'omeless, but i dunno what that means.

Dolly: 'omeless is wenz you 'avent gots nowhere to live or sleeps at night, Marleh. Mummeh sold our pen to 'er friend, even though we is still livin' in 'ere, thats why we iz gunna be 'omeless!

Marley: Well i is not gonna be 'omeless, i go sleep wif dem squeaky fings, they likes me they doo.

Dolly: and me!

Marleh: No, not you Dolleh, they dont likes you cos you chase 'em! You will 'av to be 'omeless!

Fankyooos all for 'elpin uz, granneh 'ad a look tonight and i finks she is feelinz better, i finks we convinced 'er wen we were binkying round mummehs bedroom. Mummeh and Granneh 'ad a long chat and when mummeh was done we hopped back into de pen so we looked like good bunnehs :)

I fink we is supposed to poop and pee in de pink tray fing, so thats wot i 'az bin dooin, but Marleh keeps missin wiv 'iz poops!

Fanks again bunneh friends!! :wave:

Tell yous homan to no looking aft yoo poop it no nice yo no look at thems when theys done it yuck!

TiaBrackenspad1020102.jpg

Quick question;

Do you sweep the newpaper if they haven't peed on it? I cant decide if i should put newspaper on top of, or on part of the lino as Marley has a fit whenever hes put on laminate or tiled floor! :lol:

Marely might get used to the laminate. My friend's bunny was indoors last winter, and he didn't like it at all at first. When he found his feet on it he kept escaping into rooms he wasn't supposed to go in and got up to all kinds of mischief. ;)

Back