• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonded rabbits

bex77

Young Bun
Hi all. Not been on here for a while, but I need your expert advice!
I decided my rabbit, Fudge needed a friend, so I found a lady who bonds bunnies. She bonded Fudge with a gorgeous chocolate Rex. They get on, don't fight, but they are not...snuggling. They kind of tolerate each other. Every now and again they give each other a little lick, but that is about it. Do you think love will develop over time? I understand they will not be together all the time, but I kind of have two rabbits who sleep and rest in their own space...which wasn't the point of getting Fudge a friend. Roo (the rex) seems more keen to be affectionate, but Fudge is not bothered. Think I have a lazy rabbit. :(

Any advice appreciated.

Bex
x

Not all rabbits act the same just as not all human couples do. They are interacting and not fighting which to me means you have done what you set out to do, got Fudge a friend. They may not be lovers but he has company and interaction from another rabbit so he will be a lot happier. It is possible that in time they will get closer too. :)

Back