• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ikea clear shower curtains

beki

Mama Doe
Been to ikea this evening to stock up on them and have been told they no longer stock them! What am I going to cover my hutch with now. The current one has a big hole in it so needs replacing.

I need to now hunt down some clear sheeting. Can't use regular blue tarpaulin as reggie hates the hutch being covered over and thumps. Anyone know where I can get some cheaply? I might look on eBay but could do with some soon.

Been to ikea this evening to stock up on them and have been told they no longer stock them! What am I going to cover my hutch with now. The current one has a big hole in it so needs replacing.

I need to now hunt down some clear sheeting. Can't use regular blue tarpaulin as reggie hates the hutch being covered over and thumps. Anyone know where I can get some cheaply? I might look on eBay but could do with some soon.

I got some shower curtains from 'Poundland' :) I think they do clear ones!

Wilkinsons do them fairly cheap but if you want to spoil your buns with a slightly patterned cover they also have a reasonable selection of those too :)

thanks for the suggestions :)

:( no luck with poundland or wilkos for the clear curtains. They did have more expensive patterned ones at Wilkos and might have to get one of those. I have got a white one for now until i can find a clear one. I would prefer clear though as it will let e bit of light in and i have made myself a hutch cover out of silver insulation and wanted to make it a proper front too :)

:wave: I got a clear shower curtain from Homebase. You should be able to find them in pretty much any DIY store I would think.

You can buy shower curtain plastic by the metre at some stores. I bought some at John Lewis which wasn't the cheapest but it was strong and heavy:D. I have seen it in Army Surplus stores too.

You can buy plastic dust sheets really cheaply, under £2.00 for 12ftx12ft from a lot of places maybe they would do the same job?

Have you got the range near you , I bought some clear vinyl from there a few weeks ago it's only £2 a metre and works perfectly , it's alot stronger than the shower curtains i was using. xx

thanks everyone! i am off christmas shopping today so i will check out John Lewis, Argos and the range and see what i can come up with. Also homebase isn't too far away :)

I just bought a clear shower curtain from Allworths reduced from £3.50 to £2.62 it's ever so slightly frosted but still very see through.
How does everyone attach them to your hutches? :wave:

Back