• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

sooty and fern ..worried aunty Angie ..

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
ive left their ramp up tonight ... 24 hr access to run ..that was the point of this new set up ...but im worried :oops:.. fern is fine ..she has mastwered up and down and im not too worried about her .. but sooty is realy wary of the ramp .. he has only gone up and down it once ..
:?

im scared incase they go down then cant get back up ..especialy sooty .. or what if they fall down in the dark ..

ill never forgive myself if any thing bad happens :(

I can really sympathise. :wave: After I got my hutch but before I got Spenser I was warned off the ramp by the mother of one of my pupils, who happens to be a rabbit breeder. :roll: Consequently it was months before poor Spenser had the whole run of his hutch. Once I trusted him with it he was fine. I think rabbits actually find going up easier than going down, so hopefully it's unlikely they would get marooned downstairs.

Re Read My Post ...and I Mean Ive Left The Ramp Down ..so They Have Access All Night .. :?

Now Im More Worried .. :?

The Trap Door Isnt A Fantastic Fit And This Morning They Had Moved It A Bit ..so I Figured It Was Safer To Leave It Open With The Ramp In Place .. But Now Im Not So Sure :(

Re Read My Post ...and I Mean Ive Left The Ramp Down ..so They Have Access All Night .. :?

Now Im More Worried .. :?

The Trap Door Isnt A Fantastic Fit And This Morning They Had Moved It A Bit ..so I Figured It Was Safer To Leave It Open With The Ramp In Place .. But Now Im Not So Sure :(

If you want to keep the trap door secure at night I've put thumb turns on the bottom of the trap door, you do have to climb in the run though to turn them. If they were alright all day they should be fine. I'm just paranoid as he's not my bun.

arghh I dont know what to advise but as susie bun says I think they can get up easier than gettin down - maybe check in the night to see if they are ok? :?

Im sure they will be fine x

Sending you soothing vibes. I well remember the way I felt the first night I left the ramp in. The fact that Fern is more comfortable will hopefully encourage Sooty. My rabbit nephew's family put a little banister on the ramp in his first hutch, which he gleefully jumped over. Admittedly both Spenser and Mr McFlurry are a good bit younger than Sooty and Fern, but it is still quite early days for them to have adjusted to their improved set-up.

I can really sympathise. :wave: After I got my hutch but before I got Spenser I was warned off the ramp by the mother of one of my pupils, who happens to be a rabbit breeder. :roll: Consequently it was months before poor Spenser had the whole run of his hutch. Once I trusted him with it he was fine. I think rabbits actually find going up easier than going down, so hopefully it's unlikely they would get marooned downstairs.

Castiel and Ruby have the hutch inside, and they just kind of.... throw themselves down the ramp and make a massive crash... I can hear them from upstairs.

I think once they know they can get down it getting up is much easier, it seems to be confidence as much as anything xx

i hope the bunnies had a good night having access to the run. I think you needed to try it even though it is worrying. Once they get used to it i'm sure they are going to love having all that space to play.

Back