• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What to put on tiled floor to stop slipping

Dot

Warren Scout
My buns go out in the kitchen on a regular basis, but hate the floor in there as it's tiled and they find it slippy. At best, they tentatively walk round, but spend most of the time sitting in a litter tray, which sort of defeats the object of exercising :roll:

Without ripping up the floor or replacing the tiles, what can I put over the top of it just when the buns are out that will give them a bit more grip, but which is easy for me to move out of the way when they're not out and isn't likely to be chewed (or non-harmful if it is chewed)?

How about a cheap rug from Ikea? I found one earlier in the year for 99p from there it is a decent size too. :)

I put a rug down to stop mine slipping on the laminate flooring :wave: they are used to it now though, they will get used to it over time.

My old house had all laminate flooring, when I moved Harvey couldn't walk on the carpet :lol:

George and Gemma are in the kitchen on a wooden floor and I've put an old rug down. Gemma ate a corner of the last one so I made sure this one is cheap. Not sure if she actually swallowed it - I thinks she just chewed it as it all seemed to be there - just in bits!!

Thanks :D Have put some carpet-type mat things down and Hope is now hopping about quite happily. Pepper is hiding in the litter tray pretending it's all not happening really :roll::lol:

Back