• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those of you with cat flaps.

Tiabrac

Alpha Buck
I am going to need to replace my cat flap. For the first time ever Tia hopped into the kitchen today and I am worried that the little darling will escape through the flap with Bracken. Generally what ever Tia sees the cats doing she copies :) I was planning to change to a microchip type at some point anyway this is just a bit sooner than I thought (we are in the middle of building work).
Does the micro chip kind stop access out if the animal isn't chipped? I know the principle in that it won't allow access in but wondered if it works the same way both sides. :?

:wave:

I have a magnetic cat flap (rather than a microchip cat flap) and it lets anything out, but only something with a magnetic collar in. I don't know about the microchip version though - I'm sorry.

Obviously this would be the worst case scenario as Tia could get out but wouldn't be able to get back in!

:wave:

I have a magnetic cat flap (rather than a microchip cat flap) and it lets anything out, but only something with a magnetic collar in. I don't know about the microchip version though - I'm sorry.

Obviously this would be the worst case scenario as Tia could get out but wouldn't be able to get back in!

I had one of those but changed to a normal 4 way locking one because Evie and Simba would come home with big metal nails dangling from their magnets, really scared me. :(

I had one of those but changed to a normal 4 way locking one because Evie and Simba would come home with big metal nails dangling from their magnets, really scared me. :(

Yeh, I've noticed the magnetic problems. My kitty is really an indoors kitty, she only goes as far as the end of our garden and hasn't done that for weeks since the weather has become cold (so I'm not worried about her picking up sharp metal things outside). The only thing she has got stuck on it so far is my spoon when she decided she was finishing my yoghurt for me. :lol:

Yeh, I've noticed the magnetic problems. My kitty is really an indoors kitty, she only goes as far as the end of our garden and hasn't done that for weeks since the weather has become cold (so I'm not worried about her picking up sharp metal things outside). The only thing she has got stuck on it so far is my spoon when she decided she was finishing my yoghurt for me. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Awwwwwwwww

Back