• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Questions to ask a rescue

shay

Warren Scout
I'm hoping to visit a rescue next Friday to see a little boy to bond with Pebbles. But what questions should I ask? When I phoned all they could tell me was that he was male and black.

This is the list so far:

Do you know his age? - Answer - No (I'll ask again)
Do you know his breed? - Answer - No
Will you help bond? - Answer - Yes
Has he been neutered?
Has he been vaccinated - Myxi and VHD or just Myxi?
Will you provide lifetime support?
Has he had a full health check?
How did he end up in the rescue?
How long has he been in the rescue?
What's his temperament like?
Have you tried to bond him with any other rabbits, if yes, how did it go?

Are there any more really important questions that I've forgotten?:oops:

The rescue should be able to explain a fair few things to you.

Maybe you could ask what would happen in the instance that the bonding isnt successful?

Good luck! :wave:

Thank you! Just wanted to make sure I had all bases covered really. Yes, the breakdown of the bond was a question I'd thought of, but forgotten to write down :roll:

I'll probably get there and forget everything :lol:

I would check how long he has been neutered too as it takes a few weeks for hormones to die down.

I wouldnt worry about them not knowing age it can be hard to tell especially if he was found as a stray. They should be able to give you a rough idea though. Ditto re breed he could be a cross breed. I would be more concerned about health and personality, which will change slightly after neuter anyway

Check what food he is on so that you can get some and change his diet slowly if you want to. Its worth asking if he is a good hay eater and if his teeth were checked when he was neutered. Not that I would advise against taking a dental bun but you do need to know what you are taking on

Back