• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ive given my dad an ultimatum. think ive won need some ideas for set up

although it probably wasnt the best idea, but theres no reasoning with that man and im sick of trying to.

So, here are his choices.
1. i put together a more permanent indoor set up in my room (out of his way and at no cost to him)
2. i buy a shed/play house with my xmas money and take up more of "his garden" (which he never even uses, its like steptoes yard!).
3. he lives in the :censored: hutch for a few nights before choosing either option 1 or option 2!! :lol::lol::lol: ;)

Perfectly reasonable, dont you think? ;)

Last edited:
although it probably wasnt the best idea, but theres no reasoning with that man and im sick of trying to.

1. i put together a more permanent indoor set up in my room (out of his way and at no cost to him)
2. i buy a shed/play house with my xmas money and take up more of "his garden" (which he never even uses, its like steptoes yard!).
3. he lives in the :censored: hutch for a few nights before choosing either option 1 or option 2!! :lol::lol::lol: ;)

Perfectly reasonable, dont you think? ;)

my dad is exactly the same. the bns are stuck in hutches outside (big ones, mind you) and even though they get plenty of free range time i'd love to buy them a shed or bring them indoors. but am i allowed? not at all:(

dad= boss.
daughter is on a sticky wicket.

:lol:

Im just trying to do whats best for the buns. My dad is the irresponsible idiot who brought home a 3rd rabbit and put him in a 3ft hutch and brought home a puppy whos care has been left to me and my mum. :evil: I had to rehome poor Clarence, just because i couldnt afford to keep him and i couldnt bare to see him looking unhappy. :evil:

Im a nice daughter really :angel: but as far as the buns go, ill do anything for them. Its no hardship to my dad, theyre never in his way, i keep the garden tidy apart from his bricks, old timber and various other bits of junk. If it wasnt for my hutch, run and the odd poo you wouldnt know they were there! I even hoover the poos off the lawn! With my own hoover may i add, because i wouldnt dare clogg up the dyson

Last edited:
My Dad's the same. He constantly moans that the garden looks like 'a shanty town' and asks why I can't just have all the rabbits in the one shed. He really doesn't get the whole pet thing.

When we moved he made such a fuss about 'having to look at a shed all day' that he made me buy a £2000 log cabin just because it looked nicer. Backfired on him a bit though as he ended up paying for it and all I ever paid him back was £300... :lol::lol::lol:

My Dad's the same. He constantly moans that the garden looks like 'a shanty town' and asks why I can't just have all the rabbits in the one shed. He really doesn't get the whole pet thing.

When we moved he made such a fuss about 'having to look at a shed all day' that he made me buy a £2000 log cabin just because it looked nicer. Backfired on him a bit though as he ended up paying for it and all I ever paid him back was £300... :lol::lol::lol:

Your garden looks lovely georgie! I dont think a garden looks as nice as when there are some bunnys residing there. :love:

3. he lives in the :censored: hutch for a few nights before choosing either option 1 or option 2!! :lol::lol::lol: ;)Perfectly reasonable, dont you think? ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

we told my dad Mae was too poorly to live outside and i took over the ocnservatory :lol:

Funny you should say that, it crossed my mind. But i have a feeling he'd just tell me to get rid of them then. He even said that i should have had her put down rather than pay for her to have her teeth done, because it would have been cheaper!! :evil::evil::evil:

I discussed it with mum and shes started to come round to the idea. She said that as long as she doesnt have rabbits hopping all over the house and as long as they dont pee on the carpet.

Getting mum on side is half the battle, its not often that dad stands his ground when we team up.

Now i just need to decide what is the best way of making a set up. i.e. do i put lino down to protect the floor or a waterproof ground sheet to stop urine going into the carpet? I can cover it with towels/blankets.

Ideas anyone?

Also the best pens. I have one that covers 12sq foot but it cannot go in any other shape other than octagonal, and it takes up too much room like this.

http://www.justcages.co.uk/products/doggie-solutions-puppy-pens

Last edited:
I discussed it with mum and shes started to come round to the idea. She said that as long as she doesnt have rabbits hopping all over the house and as long as they dont pee on the carpet.

Getting mum on side is half the battle, its not often that dad stands his ground when we team up.

Now i just need to decide what is the best way of making a set up. i.e. do i put lino down to protect the floor or a waterproof ground sheet to stop urine going into the carpet? I can cover it with towels/blankets.

Ideas anyone?

Also the best pens. I have one that covers 12sq foot but it cannot go in any other shape other than octagonal, and it takes up too much room like this.

I would put down a tarp or something, my guys have a dust sheet taped to the tiles with blankets over them:wave:

I'd go with a tarp too. Or lino but tarp you can fold over to fit, lino you'd have to cut. I guess it depends on the area you want to cover. Are you planning for free-ranging or within an enclosure?

I'd go with a tarp too. Or lino but tarp you can fold over to fit, lino you'd have to cut. I guess it depends on the area you want to cover. Are you planning for free-ranging or within an enclosure?

I was thinking if i use lino, then i could cut it to size and somehow make a tray shape so that poos/hay etc doesnt escape too much, but they i guess they will chew the lino.

If i can somehow get Marley used to smooth/laminate floor he will learn to walk on the lino and it would be easier to keep clean and i wouldnt have to use and wash as many blankets. Remember, i need to keep mess to a minimum or the folks will kick off. :roll:

I could use tarp though i suppose, but i like the idea of lino being more rigid, although tarp is more versatile. ahhh decisions decisions!!

We had a base of wood, lino then more wood battens round the edge to hold the lino down, that's a bit of a project though. Mine have always been fine on lino as long as it's the textured type designed for bathrooms.

Back