• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How close will your bun let you get?

Lottie999

Warren Scout
Just curious really - since Poppy and I moved in together (sounds strange :lol:) she's really come out of her shell and is quite comfortable having my face/nose right infront of her - she seems to enjoy nose to nose rubs and me giving her the occasional kiss on her head - a few months ago she'd have bitten my nose clean off!

So, how close do your bunsters let you get? Are they fans of having you invading their personal bun-space?

Mine are both ok with it. Get too close to Lucky and hewill lick your eyebrows. Daisy doesnt do the same but she will sniff your head. Daisy allows you to cuddle her (not sure she 'likes' it - but she tollerates it) but Lucky, although affectionate, doesnt like cwtches at all. :D

Mine are both ok with it. Get too close to Lucky and hewill lick your eyebrows. Daisy doesnt do the same but she will sniff your head. Daisy allows you to cuddle her (not sure she 'likes' it - but she tollerates it) but Lucky, although affectionate, doesnt like cwtches at all. :D

I cant actually pick Poppy up off the floor as she goes crackers, however she does 'assume the smooshed into the carpet' position if I start giving her nose/cheek rubs. Plus she only ever seems to lick my trousers as opposed to my skin... silly bunneh :lol:

If I make sudden moves then Oscar scarpers, but if I have food then I can stroke him, no problem.

The other two are just lumps, who won't leave me alone! :roll: :lol::lol::lol:

Herbie runs from me most of the time, but then if i lie on the floor he comes over and licks my face/ ears / hands etc and jumps on my tummy. If you do manage to pick him up he will let you stroke him for hours!!

Inca, she would literally let me do anything to her. Since i got her have been picking her up to give her meds, but now i just pick her up and she doesnt mind. I pick her up and snuggle her into my face and she just sits there :)
She only liks my clothes for some reason, never my bare skin!

Herbie runs from me most of the time, but then if i lie on the floor he comes over and licks my face/ ears / hands etc and jumps on my tummy. If you do manage to pick him up he will let you stroke him for hours!!

Inca, she would literally let me do anything to her. Since i got her have been picking her up to give her meds, but now i just pick her up and she doesnt mind. I pick her up and snuggle her into my face and she just sits there :)
She only liks my clothes for some reason, never my bare skin!

yeah my benji only licks my clothes too!:lol: nahla just runs away, scaredy bunny:(

I let Zeke do as he pleases, but when we're out, if I get down to his level, he licks our faces and tugs our clothes as he wants us to follow him and he then binkies. He gets confused when I stand up to follow him though!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Mine have very definite ideas about what they will and won't allow.

Loki will fight you to avoid being picked up - although not too bad once he's up. He will however jump on my back/stomach if i'm led down and he will come jump on me if I'm asleep - sometimes at high speed...

Titus has been quite jumpy since her spay a couple of weeks back and will often go zooming off if you catch her unawares. She is a lot more cautious atm so is being hard work at re-bonding with me. She is, however, and always has been, really easy to pickup and will sit in my arms for ages. She only struggles when she spots something she wants to go investigate.

Both love their nose rubs and grooming sessions and will bump noses with me if i'm at their level.

Mr Bubble will jump on my knee and sit for hours getting nose and ear rubs. I get and licks in return, usually on my hands and arms :D

Sometimes, I even get mouth to mouth kisses :lol:

both mine will run away but when picked up, they love a cuddle. tabby does kisses (risky as she used to be such a biter) but very nice as she whiskers one way, whiskers another, then comes for a little kiss. she likes bunny massage and stroking. matthew is more of a cuddler, loving the underchin position. he moves my t shirt so he can settle down on my skin, and gives me a couple of cursory licks when he thinks its time to be put back in his room.

Smudge and Nutmeg will sit on my lap if I have a pellet or crunchie, they'll get close for food, other than that they lovee headrubs but on the floor. Mischa will lick my face and will just generally sit on me wherever (including face :roll:) Mini is much the same as Mischa but not a licky bun, she'll lick him but not me.

i can touch him anywhere :shock: :lol: :love: he lets me tickle his back feet, storke his belly under his chin, his teeth etc

ha! matthew and tabby like to keep their teeth secret! you wouldn't know they had any. the only time i see them is when i'm syringe feeding tabs and she locks her mouth closed!

I'm very jealous, my two aren't keen on being fussed at all ....... they'll sit on my knee if I have food but only long enough to get the food then hop off again ...... I can get the odd stroke/nose rub in whilst they're eating tho! lol

Ralph will hunker down but let me pick him up and then get used to it. Ruby is trickier to pick up but once she's up she's happy and curious. Buzz is quite calm about it all, Penelope is a nightmare to pick up and will do the most extraordinary binkies and flops to squish out of your arms and then she'll make herself heavy by completely pancaking on the floor so you are stuck lifting different bits of her at once. Then Rosie is a bit scared by it, but tolerates it...

Hehe, arent our bunnies' habits strange :)

I was just thinking that, but it just goes to show how different they all are!

Marley used to be picked up all the time, although i dont think he liked it so i stopped and started letting him come to me when he wanted to investigate. Now everytime i pick him up he struggles. Sometimes hes a softie and thinks "ahh, go on then hoomin. Since i havent got much choice, heres a cuddle" *has a cuddle and a lick* *wriggles like mad* "put me down now hoomin, you got what you wanted, leave me alone!"

Dolly is sort of the same, but she doesnt mind being picked up once shes snuggled up and will sit there untill she sees something interesting to explore.

They both much prefer me going to their level and rubbing my nose in their fur and pretend im grooming them :oops:

they return the favour though!! :love: :)

i can get as close as i want, to both, but only Ginger will allow cuddles. Biccy will sit on my lap if he climbs there himself, but if i put him there, he's off! Quicker than lightning lol

Orla LOVES jumping on my lap for cuddles, when we first got her & before we started bonding her with Rodge....my little sister used to take her to bed with her for an afternoon nap! :shock:

Ive figured out a way to get affection from Rodge, I hol a piece of carrot in my mouth & he'll run up and take it from me.....bunny kisses!!!!! :lol:

Back