• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It's a start

glossta1

Alpha Buck
Background: Way back in the summer I posted about an abandoned REW in the fields nearby. We made a bid on catching him/her but failed - way too much cover and not enough equipment. The owners of the field also tried to no avail.

Since then, my OH spotted another, only a few fields away. We now think someone dumped the pair on the main road, and in fear they scuttered in different directions.

They've adapted to their environs tolerably well, but cover is reducing now the leaves are dying back, and we worry about the exposure in terms of both temparature and predators.

Bother - gotta make a phone call.... I'll come backto this asap

so now

My mum has got a humane rabbit catcher for us, which she is bringing in a couple of weeks. We'll start putting tempting treats out in advance in the hope they will get easier to catch. Anyone ever done this before...?

I have used it before and it is a wonderful device. My grandmother lives in Bristol and we used to visit her during our vacation. She had a similar trap and we used to catch rabbits using it. The success rate was above 95%. The most important advantage is that the rabbits will not get hurt.

Good luck I hope you can catch the poor bunnies. Unfortunately being white they are more easily spotted by predators.

Ive only just seen this. Any updates.

Do you want some help in trying to round up these bunnies??

I have a buy humane rabbit catcher for us, which I is bringing in a couple of weeks.
I have used it before and it is a wonderful device.My grandfather live in near of bristol city i used it with my grandfather.I catch two rabbit in last vacation,my grandfather take care of this rabbits.

Back