• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flo is a BOY!!!

Hayley1987

Warren Scout
Hiya everyone, I don't post here an awful lot but just wanted some advice!!

I have two bunnies, Paddy who is a vacc and neutered male about 7-8 months old now.

And Flo a 'girl' bunny who was un-neutered until today! I have taken her to the vets 3 times now, for myxi, VHD and also for a pre spay check up, on each occasion she has been given a health check and in the pre spay check up the vet nurse confirmed she was female.

BUT!! When they went to spay her today they found testicles instead so she was obviously castrated! I was so shocked as I've checked her myself and a vet checked her 'bits' when I first got her and then the vet nurse also thought he was a she. I can't think of her as a boy 'she' is too pretty and I won't be changing his name :lol:

Anyway my question is...

Paddy and Flo have always got along amazingly, they bonded with such ease! Have never ever had any humping/chasing/fighting...ANYTHING! Obviously I was aiming for a neutered boy/girl pair! Will they continue to love each other? I would be so upset if they fought :(

Sorry for this ramble, hope I have explained myself, any advice/similar stories would be really appreciated :wave:

:)

Glad you like it. When I was a child, a goose marched into my tiny village, and the local farmer adopted him, calling him Apollo (the first moon landing had just happened - shows my age). I loved him and visited him every day on the farm. A few weeks on he laid an egg. Oops. He became Polly. Totally irrelevant!

Lovely to hear where names come from :D Paddy and Flo are grooming and cuddling like mad tonight bless them so fingers crossed this will continue forever and they can live a long and happy life together :love:

Back