• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you use as a Litter Tray

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
I'm being curious, as Biccy's Litter Tray issues are STILL a problem.

He empties it within seconds of it being replaced/refilled.

So what do you use?

I have a Wilkinson LARGE Cat Litter Tray, which is ~5 inches deep and he just digs the news paper out and then pulls all the hay out and then takes to weeing and pooping on the plain plastic. Obviously, this then gives him wet paws, which isn't a problem in itself, as he cleans his feet, but Ginger won't get in if its wet and theres no hay in it :(

Ahem ... don't. :oops:

Spenser uses his bedroom as his toilet. I'm going to get something for it soon so that he will go inside if we need to have him in at any point (eg. if I get him neutered or we have Christmas weather last year). For an unnetuered buck Spenser is very tidy. He has never peed anywhere other than his bedroom, and most of his poos are done in there.

CIMG3537.jpg

From homebase - its quite deep but Mittens can jump in so yours will be fine and will comfortably fit your 2 in - I can get my 4 in here quite easily! It easily contains the hay and paper no matter how much digging goes on!

I used to have one of those cat litter trays from Wilkos and they always got emptied

DSCI0680.jpg

I have these underbed storage boxes from Wilkos, were only about £3 or £4. The trio have a purple one and Lucy/Zero have an orange one that's a bit smaller. Even they don't empty theirs though. Cas and Ruby were the worst offenders and they don't empty theirs at all now :wave:

I don't see any poos Kath101 - were they sitting on them? :lol: My rabbit nephew has taken to doing his at the bottom of his stairs. The coulour of his feet (they're supposed to be white)... :shock:

I'm being curious, as Biccy's Litter Tray issues are STILL a problem.

He empties it within seconds of it being replaced/refilled.

So what do you use?

I have a Wilkinson LARGE Cat Litter Tray, which is ~5 inches deep and he just digs the news paper out and then pulls all the hay out and then takes to weeing and pooping on the plain plastic. Obviously, this then gives him wet paws, which isn't a problem in itself, as he cleans his feet, but Ginger won't get in if its wet and theres no hay in it :(

Pye went through a big phase of this, I use underbed storage boxes but he would build a 'ramp' from the megazorb so he could get his bum over the edge and dig it out :roll: its the most infuriating thing and you have my sympathies, I was sick to the back teeth of clearing up all the megazorb and poops! I knew he was doing it to wind me up too cos he would keep stopping and looking at me and then he would get out of the tray and push the mess round with his front paws :? He's stopped now thankfully, must have been a phase! I found not reacting to him doing it helped a bit as did putting less in the tray so he couldn't get as good a ramp!! mainly just had to put up with it till he got bored of it

I think so though it was a newly cleaned tray but im surprised as the minute I change it one of them will christen it with a big old pile of poops straight away!! :lol:

Sox is totally refusing to litter train ATM but he only uses the bedroom side of his hutch for any peepees or poopoos, im hoping to get him neutered in the summer which will *hopefully* make things easier ..., I use a corner littre tray thingy for his peepee's but his poopoos just go anywhere in the bed area, which he doesn't actually use as a bed :roll:

Large cat litter trays from P@H like this:
051.jpg

I like the inner lid piece it helps catches any spray or dug out litter (which is rare admittedly with mine)
Have you tried lots of hay on top of the litter to slow the digging down?

i have the large cat litter trays too, but don't have any problem with them... so far!:lol:
i'm thinking of getting something bigger if i bond them:)

Piglet & Otis have an indoor cage base as a litter tray, Max & Biscuit have an underbed storage box in the shed and a covered litter tray in the run

Back