• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bales of hay in newport (gwent)

jenjen01

Young Bun
hi, not sure if this is the right place to post but...

i buy hay from pets at home and go through 1-2 bags aprox a week. bales of hay would be so much cheeper for me (and stop hubby moaning about how much i go through:lol:) but dont know where to find someone in this area willing to sell me a bale or 2 a month, all the adds i have searched online want me to order a min of 100 :shock::shock: i only have 3 rabbits and just a lil space in hubbys shed to store it so would be 2 at a time max.
if you live around newport and know somebody please can you let me know. many thanks.

Loadsa farms

There must be loads of farms around that sell hay to the horsey people. Ask horsey people where they get theirs? You don't want the mega-big cylindrical bales. You want the old-fashioned sort. We are near Tewkesbury, and pay £3.50 for an old-fashioned bale of lovely stuff. We're less than an hour from you. PM me if you want details. But there's bound to be one nearer. Good luck.

Probably a bit far for you to drive to collect I don't know but I use hay from Willow Warren in Haverfordwest (Pembroke) and have it delivered. If you can pick up it saves on courier charge. Hay is expensive though as v high timothy ratio, but is wonderful and buns love it.
http://www.willowwarren.co.uk/

Back