• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rehomed: 4x5 week old Syrian Hamsters - SURREY

Contact/organisation details: I am fostering for Furry Friends in Old Coulsdon. Please PM me on here or call Emma on 020 8407 1080/0797 356 9371.
Does the animal have rescue back up?: Yes
Number of animals:4
Type/Breed/Variety: Syrian Hamsters
Sex: Males and Females.
Age(s): 5 weeks old.
Name(s): None.
Neutered: No
Reason for rehoming: These babies came into rescue when the owners thought it would be a good idea to breed their elderly male syrian with a random female from a pet shop. They didn't know what to do with the babies so kept them in flower pots. When they had enough, they left them on the doorstep until the RSPCA collected them and brought them to us.
Medical: Healthy babies.
Will the group be split: Yes! In fact they are already split.
Transport available: Within reason, unless you know of people coming this way.
Other: All 4 are very skittish and need hand taming, however they are very young still so this should be easy for new owners to do as long as they are prepared to commit the time to them.

HPIM7532.jpg

HPIM7507.jpg

HPIM7494.jpg

Last edited:
The baby girl went to a home last week and one more baby found his forever home today leaving the runty boy looking. He is the last one left, can we find him a home before Xmas?

I knew i shouldnt peek in on thsis part of the site. How gorgeous - i would love a hamster again but hubby is against it.

Maybe one day. :)

I sooo hope he finds a lovely home who can devote the time to him :love::love:

Ohhhh I want to give him a home before Xmas! I've never owned a hammy though, would I be an appropriate owner?

He needs someone who has the time to build his trust :) As long as you are happy to spend time with him and take it slow there is no reason why he couldn't go to you. Its down to how much time you have to devote to him :)

You never know, people travel a lot around this time of year, so maybe a hammy run might be possible for you. :)

Thought I would update on this thread that my boy from the litter is doing well, and is still nervous, but definitely coming round to the idea of human interaction and that we're not horrible really! :love:

You never know, people travel a lot around this time of year, so maybe a hammy run might be possible for you. :)

Thought I would update on this thread that my boy from the litter is doing well, and is still nervous, but definitely coming round to the idea of human interaction and that we're not horrible really! :love:

Thats great to hear! Little runty is trusting us too and he is learning that humans aren't that bad :)

3h 25 mins away :? I think someone closer would be better - but he is :love::love: :(

Back