• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help?

Is there a particular reason you want a bottle and not a bowl?

Can you be creative and create something to hold a bottle in if you can't find a stand alone one?

With lots of space its unlikely to get kicked over, but some of the heavy duty ceramic dog bowls are hard to shift by me when full, let alone a bunny.

I've only come across one bunny who struggled with a bowl in that way you mention and she had a mssive dewlap she used to like to dunk in her bowl but she never went bald or fungal.:roll: (it was saggy because she had not lost when coming to me). I've had a good 30-40 bunnies over the years, all using bowls, and have never truly had the problem you are describing.

I personally prefer bowls because they are more natural, easier to drink from, no chance of them not working, they can drink and hydrate more, and for my groups, more than one bunny can drink at the same time, in the same place.

Ive got 2 giant house rabbits, both drink from a water bowl. I use a big heavy dog bowl (stone). Ive had them both around 2 years and they have never kicked the bowl over. The thing about the bald chins is also untrue :? The drink the water with their tongues, they dont dip their chins in the water. Rabbits are very clever creatures and learn easily xx

All mine drink from bowls, even my lionheads who well have huge manes that do get a bit wet, none have bald chins.

Back