• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone know how to get a Scratch and Newson hugger online? GETTING ONE!

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
I can't find them - will keep trying, but basic google didn't get me anywhere. :( Really want to order one for Spenser ASAP.

Last edited:
just type in pets at home should come up...or www.pets@home, although I'm not sure if they're a fixed size to match their hutches.
There are sellers on ebays that make to measure.

Susie what are the dimensions ;)

Have found S&N, but they don't do Spenser's size. :( They used to do made to measure, but not now. I am so upset - I wanted to buy one ages ago, but my parents persuaded me a plastic sheet and bricks would do. They did do made to measure then. The sheet and bricks was fine for the summer, but the current weather pulls the sheet from under the bricks.

Can't find the note of the dimensions. I know they aren't a standard S&N size though. Spenser's hutch is a 5feet Ryedale, two storey. It's about 3 fett tall and 2 foot from front to back. The roof has a slope. Shifting bricks off the plastic sheet is one thing, but last night we had to weight it with heavy stone ornaments and planters. There's no way I could do this on my own.

yes who Lynne said.
i wanted some for mine but it cost sooo much because of the sizes i just cant afford yet.

Got the dimensions now:

depth - 70cm
width - 161cm
front height - 127 cm
rear height - 161 cm

I will try ebay again, but couldn't find anything yesterday - not that I really know what I'm doing with ebay. :?

Susiebun if you use this link and then clock on contact member you will be able to get hold of Alan via that. I know quite a few people from here have used him for hutch huggers and been really pleased, he made the hutch front covers for our boarding business too and they are great. Angie (Bunnymadhouse) also had some from him for the rescue buns etc

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/c.a.b.j/

He hasn't got any listed for sale but as he cutoms makes especially for you, just use contact member and ask him how much he would charge for your dimensions ;) HTH

I'm now on the verge of getting one. It's going to be just under £100 by the time postage is added, but it will make a big difference to Spenser and I. To be honest I think he likes the colder weather, but it will undoubtedly get worse before it gets better. The cover I'll hopefully be getting is thermal lined, so may also help keep his water bowl from freezing so quickly on cold nights. As it's made to measure there will be a bit of a wait, but it will be worth it. My parents are buying it for Spenser's Christmas. :D

Back