• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HELP needed please to find spaces for 38 rabbits some pregnant UPDATED

Niall from New Hope Rescue in Kent has asked for help. He has 38 rabbits coming in and needs to find rescue spaces or foster homes that are attached to rescues.

I am happy for a few people to foster via my rescue but they will need to have suitable accommodation for the bunnies as there is no time for me to get stuff off ebay!!! If you are experienced with preg bunnies please also let me know.

If any of the rescues could take one or two I am happy to transport (would go as far as birmingham and down to dorset way) with the non preg ones.

Any help, if you can text me today 0790 9970195 and I will call you back, just that I am not near the computer till tonight.

Niall is a true Animal Angel whom I have met and down some transport runs for. He works as a Animal Protection Officer in Kent and runs a rescue in his spare time. He takes in the hard to home dogs and often has 4 or 5 in his home, the last time I went, he had 1 parrot, ferret and kittens.

Thank you in advance and please spread the word. If your a first time fosterer please also get in touch, you would have the full back up of my rescue and me on the end of the phone 24/7......did I mention I dont sleep!!!

Last edited:
I know I'm pretty far away but I might be able to help as a last resort. I need my dog crate for a possible operation some time next week but once my bun is back outside I could foster if it's needed.

I wish I could help but I don't have a spare hutch. I know Niall as well, he really does do an amazing job. I could help with bunny runs or something.

Nikki, I might just use you as your pretty close to Niall, would you be up for a possible transport run from Nialls to possibly Clacket Lane Services. If Niall put the rabbits in carriers I can transfer them into my carriers in the car (with doors shut!) and then would you be able to take carriers back to him.

If you can text me then I will have your number! fank you

I know I'm pretty far away but I might be able to help as a last resort. I need my dog crate for a possible operation some time next week but once my bun is back outside I could foster if it's needed.

Thanks for your offer, all offers are appreciated and you never know, there may be one bunny who no one can fit in.....so please watch this space!!! x

Hi, I have text u so please let me know I you haven't got it. I am fine to take the buns to the service station to meet you. I work full time though so weekends are definitely best for me.

I could temporarily foster until 20th Dec-ish, perhaps a mum and babies or something, if they have somewhere to go into rescue after. I have an indoor crate now and the wendyhouse will be free in a couple of weeks when my buns move into the outhouse. I also have plenty of space outside if they can provide a hutch. PM me if that helps.

Too far away to help but I just thought I'd warn people baby rabbits and dog crates don't mix :shock: I watched two of my 9 week old buns escape by slipping through the bars which were about 4 times smaller than them! So just be careful

Too far away to help but I just thought I'd warn people baby rabbits and dog crates don't mix :shock: I watched two of my 9 week old buns escape by slipping through the bars which were about 4 times smaller than them! So just be careful

Yes I put this warning on another thread. we didn;t keep ours in a dog crate but they walked straight into another buns crate when they were having a run. Thankfully we were watching them and got them out immediately :shock:

I can help with bunnyruns via the Midlands - I am near to the M1, M6 and M40 and could take them northwards by a little if needed to foster homes. :wave:

If you need help transporting any of these bunnies north I could help with transport from Birmingham to Preston.
I can house a few overnight if they need a stop over. I'm in Shrewsbury.
I've texted you.

just a quickie to say thanks for your offers of help, I am going to try and get back to everyone tomorrow, please bear with me, I work saturdays and got 5 ill piggies to attend but I will get back to everyone!!!

Back