• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hurley isn't doing so well - not sure what else to do :(

Amethyst

Warren Veteran
So Hurley's been on antibiotics, Metacam, an immune system booster called DMG and vit C supplement for a week now, but today he stopped eating altogether. I've been syringe-feeding him 2/3 of his necessary daily intake up to now but I'll have to increase that to 100% since he's not eating anything by himself. He's never not eaten before and eating is the big thing that made him happy. He just sits in his little house all day and waits to be fed. He still perks up when we whistle at him and he investigates the food we put out, just doesn't eat any.

The vet said that she's not sure she should attempt surgery when he's not eating anything at all. The hope had been to pick up his strength a little through medication and then go in there surgically to clean up as much as possible, but he's very gradually getting a bit worse. I feel like we're running out of options but I so desperately want to make him better. :(

AMETHYST

Back