• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Quarantine For Rabbits Entering the UK

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
Following on from an RWA message regarding someone seeking quarantine for house rabbits being repatriated to the UK, does anybody know anything about rabbits having to have to be quarantined?

I wouldn't have thought that it would be necessary as they won't be carrying anything in that we don't have here already (although I understand that it is only applicable to areas outside the EU).

So that said, it being necessary for rabbits to be quarantined, can anyone suggest an establishment with good rabbit facilities for the person in question?

It's for 5 rabbits and they are returning from Hong Kong.

Last edited:
With regard to best place to keep them, go view as many places as possible and speak to the staff that will be looking after the rabbits, not just the office staff/management.
You can get a list of places from the Animal Health division too.

:wave:

I've researched this, and from hong kong they would need the 6 months quarentine which would be very costly, especially with 5. If you find out any more information please let me know as I too would like to bring some rabbits from hong kong to the UK

With regard to best place to keep them, go view as many places as possible and speak to the staff that will be looking after the rabbits, not just the office staff/management.
You can get a list of places from the Animal Health division too.

:wave:

Thanks Leanne but this is not for me - it was an RWAF e-mail appeal looking for recommendations for someone who contacted them. I was just hoping somone on here could make a recommendation that I could pass directly back to the applicant. I won't be doing any research on their behalf.

Thanks anyway.

Back