• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Help - What should I do

MilosMummy

Mama Doe
Milo had his VHD jab on Tuesday and he has been off colour for a couple of days. I thought that he was pickng up last night and was eating hay when I went to bed. Today has been eating but not much at all and not drinking as far a I can tell. He has gone back to grumpy bunny as well. Should I keep trying to get him to eat and giving him water via syringe or should I call the vets. They are going to think i'm nuts!

if you're worried go back to your vets :wave:. They should know by now that all bunny mummies are nuts :lol: mine does

if you're worried go back to your vets :wave:. They should know by now that all bunny mummies are nuts :lol: mine does

Just called and they officially think i'm insane :) Anyway he has an appointment for tomorrow afternoon and in the meantime I just have to keep him eating. She suggested that I give him some vegetables. So he has 1/2 a small tomato, some broccolli and a small amount of romaine lettuce which he is wolfing down.

ok :) absolutely drench the veg in water as often buns end up dehydrated when they aren't eating. Do you have any herbs or spring greens?

I'm not sure that's soon enough. I would at least want Metacam when one of mine is showing a reaction to a vaccination.

ok :) absolutely drench the veg in water as often buns end up dehydrated when they aren't eating. Do you have any herbs or spring greens?

Sorry if I sound dim but what are spring greens? He has only just started with the vegetables this week so I am still learning.

I'm not sure that's soon enough. I would at least want Metacam when one of mine is showing a reaction to a vaccination.

If he hasnt' picked up before my partner gets home from work I will get him to take me to the emergency vets tonight. Usually I have the car here and it wouldn't have been a problem to go this afternoon but he took it today.

Sorry if I sound dim but what are spring greens? He has only just started with the vegetables this week so I am still learning.

sorry hun I didn't realise, if he's only just started then it might be best not to introduce anything new :) they are just giant leaves, some sort of cabbage I think, labelled in supermarkets as spring greens or fresh greens.

Is he pooping?

sorry hun I didn't realise, if he's only just started then it might be best not to introduce anything new :) they are just giant leaves, some sort of cabbage I think, labelled in supermarkets as spring greens or fresh greens.

Is he pooping?

He has been pooping but they are smaller than usual. He has had a few of the veges I just gave him earlier in the week with no ill effects. He isn't a fan of tomato though.

I will look out for the spring greens tomorrow when I get to the shops.

He has been pooping but they are smaller than usual. He has had a few of the veges I just gave him earlier in the week with no ill effects. He isn't a fan of tomato though.

I will look out for the spring greens tomorrow when I get to the shops.

I've never tried mine with tomatoes :wave: herbs are good like parsley, dill and mint

Back