• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone got any ideas?

Does she seem otherwise well apart from the weight loss?
I have heard porridge helps buns put on weight but not sure of the way to mix this for a rabbit-ask Hugo's there?
(I am guessing- no milk and use honey instead of sugar?)after mixing with warm water.
but please do check.
sue:wave:
also I think there are mature rabbit pellets which help put on weight?
carrots are fattening too in large amounts.

Does she seem otherwise well apart from the weight loss?
I have heard porridge helps buns put on weight but not sure of the way to mix this for a rabbit-ask Hugo's there?
(I am guessing- no milk and use honey instead of sugar?)after mixing with warm water.
but please do check.
also I think there are mature rabbit pellets which help put on weight?
carrots are fattening too in large amounts.

She has porridge once or twice a week as she doesnt eat very much of it just made with cooled water, she's on junior and dwarf pellets anyway which I think are fairly fattening? She gets to eat as much of that as she likes.
She doesnt really like carrots, she'll has a little then ignore the rest :wave:
I was looking for more medical answers but thanks anyway :wave:

I second the porridge... used to keep my elderly bun's weight up in winter.

I just used readybrek, and used warm water to make it. She adored it, scoffed it down! I used to give her a whole bowlful and supply unlimited other food too. I'd either put honey or a teaspoon of sugar on top, and sometimes added raisins. Obviously make sure its luke-warm when you give it to her.

I cant think what else to do if she's still eating the same amount as before. My rabbit book said rabbits stop eating if they are thirsty - so maybe feed more wet foods and fresh foods?

EDIT: sorry just read your repy to the one above, you mustve written it whilst i was writing, ooops/

I second the porridge... used to keep my elderly bun's weight up in winter.

I just used readybrek, and used warm water to make it. She adored it, scoffed it down! I used to give her a whole bowlful and supply unlimited other food too. I'd either put honey or a teaspoon of sugar on top, and sometimes added raisins. Obviously make sure its luke-warm when you give it to her.

I cant think what else to do if she's still eating the same amount as before. My rabbit book said rabbits stop eating if they are thirsty - so maybe feed more wet foods and fresh foods?

EDIT: sorry just read your repy to the one above, you mustve written it whilst i was writing, ooops/

thankyou anway :wave:

Back