PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got any ideas?

Georgeypudding
11-11-2010, 01:34 PM
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=253980 please?

sdf76
11-11-2010, 01:39 PM
Does she seem otherwise well apart from the weight loss?
I have heard porridge helps buns put on weight but not sure of the way to mix this for a rabbit-ask Hugo's there?
(I am guessing- no milk and use honey instead of sugar?)after mixing with warm water.
but please do check.
sue:wave:
also I think there are mature rabbit pellets which help put on weight?
carrots are fattening too in large amounts.

Georgeypudding
11-11-2010, 01:53 PM
Does she seem otherwise well apart from the weight loss?
I have heard porridge helps buns put on weight but not sure of the way to mix this for a rabbit-ask Hugo's there?
(I am guessing- no milk and use honey instead of sugar?)after mixing with warm water.
but please do check.
also I think there are mature rabbit pellets which help put on weight?
carrots are fattening too in large amounts.

She has porridge once or twice a week as she doesnt eat very much of it just made with cooled water, she's on junior and dwarf pellets anyway which I think are fairly fattening? She gets to eat as much of that as she likes.
She doesnt really like carrots, she'll has a little then ignore the rest :wave:
I was looking for more medical answers but thanks anyway :wave:

nessar
11-11-2010, 02:18 PM
I second the porridge... used to keep my elderly bun's weight up in winter.

I just used readybrek, and used warm water to make it. She adored it, scoffed it down! I used to give her a whole bowlful and supply unlimited other food too. I'd either put honey or a teaspoon of sugar on top, and sometimes added raisins. Obviously make sure its luke-warm when you give it to her.

I cant think what else to do if she's still eating the same amount as before. My rabbit book said rabbits stop eating if they are thirsty - so maybe feed more wet foods and fresh foods?

EDIT: sorry just read your repy to the one above, you mustve written it whilst i was writing, ooops/

Georgeypudding
11-11-2010, 02:36 PM
I second the porridge... used to keep my elderly bun's weight up in winter.

I just used readybrek, and used warm water to make it. She adored it, scoffed it down! I used to give her a whole bowlful and supply unlimited other food too. I'd either put honey or a teaspoon of sugar on top, and sometimes added raisins. Obviously make sure its luke-warm when you give it to her.

I cant think what else to do if she's still eating the same amount as before. My rabbit book said rabbits stop eating if they are thirsty - so maybe feed more wet foods and fresh foods?

EDIT: sorry just read your repy to the one above, you mustve written it whilst i was writing, ooops/

thankyou anway :wave: