• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy 4th gotcha day Barley.....

willowholly

Mama Doe
4years as yesterday we went to White post farm to scatter Willow's ashes.Whilst we were there we asked if they had any french lop babies available,Willow was an amazing bun & because of her we fell in love with the french lop breed.
At the time they had this gorgeus frenchie that used to free range the pet shop area & we were told he was the father of some beautiful black babies that were available.We went to look at them & also some papillion babies.She also took us to an area out of view of the public where there was a hutch with 3 rabbits in it-2 does & 1 buck.They were in quarentine as they had come from a breeder who didn't know what they were doing,so WPF took them on.There was this pushy doe who wouldn't let the others get anywhere near the hutch door-she just kept dangling her head out.The helper took her out of the hutch & she was a fidgity little thing-desperate to get going.We took pictures of her & the black babies. we went back to the pet shop & they said we could take a black one today.We got excited,hung around,only to be told we couldn't after all & that we had to join the queue on monday for them.We went home disappointed-we had bought a new cage,carrier,food etc,but no bun.
At home,we studyed the pictures.Not really into black buns but we knew what a gorgeus bun their dad was which is why they were a contender.The blue butterfly quarentine bun was gorgeus[& it was always that doe without a doubt as she was so bolshy,didn't even take a picture of the other one]She had beautiful markings & the most gorgeus grey eyes & eyelashes.We slept on it.The next morning we phoned White post & asked if the quarentine buns were available & they said only the does as the buck was abit fragile.That was fine,we didn't want a buck.Off we went.They brought the two does down to the petshop for us to look at.Our doe was unmistakable,she was fidgeting the whole time & she had this marking on her head which looked like a "W".Whilst we were filling in our details she was in the carrier,stomping-I'd never heard such a row!I sat her on my knee going home & she was into everything-not like when we brought Will home,who slept peacefully on my knee.
When we got home,her room was already for her.We opened the carrier near the cage,but she was having none of that-she ran,in & out of the shower room,her cage.She would rest for all of 2 mins then she would be off again.This carried on for 8hours before I finally had to put her to bed.I knew then we had adopted a handful,& I am pleased to say she still is,but I wouldn't want her any other way.....:D

436.jpg

437.jpg

Last edited:
Back