• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Possible Success?!

LauryStevens

Mama Doe
As some of you may no, thumper was neutered on Monday and was given pain killers to last him that day only, tuesday he was very grumpy and upset, he also pulled some of his stitches out. today I managed to get him to the vet before work and they gave his wound the all clear and gave him another jab for pain relief. Since being home he's purked up. But within the last hour he has really purked up. I'm hoping he's recovered physically, mentally/emotionally from his ordeal and has returned back to his normal self.

His signs of improvement are:
Alertness
Bouncey and looking for trouble
Decorating my floor with dried grass!
Eating like wild fire
Peeing where he isn't meant to (in his grass bowl)

He's officially starting to appear bored in the sence that he's looking for something to do rather then just sitting about. Now that his wound has had the all clear, and depending on what he is like tomorrow morning, I may put him back outside where he enjoys it the most. I'll just check him twice a day (wound wise) and make sure he is generally okay and happy/healthy.

Thumper is GORGEOUS!! :love:

Generally speaking males do tend to recover a lot quicker than females as it is a much less invasive procedure for them.
Just make sure he is eating, drinking, pooping and the wound looks clear and not red or inflamed.
Jimby had a little bit of scarring in one of his ball balls so he had to have antibiotics as it was rather large bless him, I could see it when he bounced!! :shock: BUT all healed up fine, so just be vigilent! :wave:

I am a very very happy bunny mummy :) I'm avoiding the "getting a female spayed" road and will just adopt a female who has already been spayed by the RSPCA ;)

Back