• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiant bunnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Kayj has LOADS of giants, Janak has two, RubyTed has some I think

Welcome to the forum :wave:

I have one!

29760_448591748573_709523573_6003552_5241799_n.jpg

38190_465339423573_709523573_6447938_4085957_n.jpg

:wave:

Awww make friends with Oscar on facebook!

He's not very big yet & I have absolutely no idea what breed he is other than "giant" as I rescued him from a pet shop.

He has a super giant personality too!

He's a terror though but adorable. Couple days after he started terrorising my house he took the 4 pinter of milk of my side board (about 3.5ft high) whilst I was in the shower, chewed the bottom & sat in a puddle of milk lapping it up...naughty lactose intolerant bunny! Though he seemed to suffer no ill effects - thankfully.

Last night (well 1.45 this morning when I got home from work) I made myself peanut butter sandwiches - (times are hard)...I'm munching one - checking out facebook etc and I notice a movement out of the corner of my eye...Oscar has pilfered one sandwich off my plate & runs off to other side of the room with it. When I went to retrieve it I was told in no uncertain terms it was his & to back off. One giant bite sized bruise later & I've my sandwich back.

He's hilarious & I love him lots but he is a terror. :D

:lol::lol::lol:

I let Thistle and his two friends out to free-range quite often and over summer I'd sit out in the garden with them and eat my lunch. If I put my plate down for more than ten seconds, something would disapear. Thistle's run off with my sandwiches several times. :shock::roll: And he once ate half a donut that had been chucked out for the birds! :lol:

I think it must be a giant thing - they're a bunch of hooligans!

We are going bunny meeting tomorrow as there is a Giant about a mile up the road.

When I got Oscar he was appalling at being handled. I've worked hard in the 5 weeks I've had him to handle him every day, walking the fine line between stressing him out & letting him get away with it.

He's evidently previously taken a chunk out of his carriers shoulder/arm & immediately been put down reinforcing this behaviour as he is a pro at it, even at 5mths old a 5.7kg bunny can give one HUGE bite!

So I've bought him a special X-Large Bunny Harness which is webbing as opposed to straps & he wears it around the house each day for 1/2 hour to get him used to it.

He enjoys outdoors but is a big wimp because I don't think he's ever seen outside & we are over run with Red Kites so kinda intimidating for him I guess. But once he's gets the idea he isn't going to be put down he quite enjoys his little walks (he hops a bit then I carry him) - he is a nosy little beggar & is looking inquisitively at everything. I think he is becoming securer with me as once he's settled he tucks back into me if something makes him jump. I've also noticed kids look & point but it's the grown-ups, particularly 50+'s that are smitten with him and give him a nose rub & coo (which obviously being a boy he loves).

Introduced him to greens - he had no idea...he now dives in my fridge every time I open it! (Luckily soon he will be too big to do that!)

Oscar has pilfered one sandwich off my plate & runs off to other side of the room with it. When I went to retrieve it I was told in no uncertain terms it was his & to back off. One giant bite sized bruise later & I've my sandwich back.

This has started my day off with a laugh. The image I have in my mind of you wrestling for your sandwich back has made me chuckle to myself this morning :lol::lol:

He sounds wonderful!! :love::love::love::love: I have 3 giants. (Frenchies)

Where in the UK are you? Sometime (not sure whether it'll be before or after chrismoose) I'll be holding a bunny tea party for a rescue. (kayj is also doing one.)

Back