• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Guinea pigs - how do you exercise one?

bensonlola

Warren Veteran
I tend to keep mine in their pen (2x4 c&c pen). They have loads of room. I could exercise them on the floor but they are nervous little creatures and I thought they might be frightened.

How do folks give their piggies a break from the norm/change of scenary?

My girls tend to get their exercise running away from me :lol:

If you put them on the floor but put out loads of tubes and hidey holes they will exercise :)

I see girls! I think my girls may agree. The only exercise they get is a trip from their sleeping box to the food/hay!! Is that what a guinea girl likes?

:lol::lol::lol: mine don't really get out of their pen tbh, the way indoor set ups are it's like they're living in a run and can choose to exercise how they want

Mine are always running about, they never sit still or hide :? I must have odd guinea pigs :?

Still, fits in with the rest of the madhouse here though :lol:

I see girls! I think my girls may agree. The only exercise they get is a trip from their sleeping box to the food/hay!! Is that what a guinea girl likes?

Rose: We like to eat.

Martha: We like to sleep.

Rose: We like to poop.

Martha: We like to squeak.

Rose & Martha: We DO NOT like to EXERCISE :evil:

:lol::lol::lol: mine don't really get out of their pen tbh, the way indoor set ups are it's like they're living in a run and can choose to exercise how they want

They do seem very content. When I sweep up around them they run screaming into their boxes and then curiosity gets the better of them and they come out squeaking to observe what I'm doing to their home! :lol: :love:

It's just that Hazel esp is getting a very big butt on her and jowels!! :shock:

Gizmo is massive. I think her belly circumference must be the same as her length (just like her mummy :lol:). The others are quite sleek though, they have that nice chubby piggie look but aren't overweight :)

My lovely Fox had the right idea....

familyalbum006.jpg

My lovely Fox had the right idea....

familyalbum006.jpg

Lovely colour! How long ago was Fox? Did I ever ask you - why guinea pigs? You've always had them haven't you. I love my two but I have to be honest and say I wont be getting any more when they go.

My two have decided it's nice to have their evening veg in bed. They lie in their separate boxes, with their heads out and I, like a mug, deliver their supper on china espresso saucers!

Back