• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ellie dog!

Becky:)

Alpha Buck
Just some pics of Ellie, we've had her about 2 months now and I love her so much :love:
P9180145-1.jpg

PA020189.jpg

PA110205.jpg

PA240209.jpg

P9210149.jpg

OMG she is absolutely beautiful:love::love::love:
The 4th picture is so clear she looks super imposed:lol::lol::lol:

OMG she is absolutely beautiful:love::love::love:
The 4th picture is so clear she looks super imposed:lol::lol::lol:

haha aww Ellie says thanks! We were climbing up glastonbury tor and we got her to sit, my OH took the photo and we burst out laughing when we saw it!

Oh it's so nice to see pictures of her - I was wondering how she was doing.

Has she settled in OK? x

She has been great! She does have a little seperation anxiety, we are working on it, but if she is left for any time during the evening (even 10 minutes) she starts howling :(

It has improved though so we will keep trying. Reading up on it though it seems as shes 3 and on her third ( and final!!) home its not surprising she is worried when we leave she thinks we might never come back!!

She has been great! She does have a little seperation anxiety, we are working on it, but if she is left for any time during the evening (even 10 minutes) she starts howling :(

It has improved though so we will keep trying. Reading up on it though it seems as shes 3 and on her third ( and final!!) home its not surprising she is worried when we leave she thinks we might never come back!!

Aw bless her.

I have some little tips on separation anxiety - they might help:

- Try to identify if there is a trigger at all (sound of door shutting/keys jangling/you putting your shoes on etc.)
- If you identify one, do it randomly throughout the day. For example, if you putting your shoes on triggers her, put them on randomly throughout the day and then sit back down on the sofa. Also, leave the room without any shoes on so she doesn't always associate you putting shoes on with her being left alone.
- Try leaving her in the room but stay the other side of the door and talk to yourself or make some noise so she knows you are still there
- Give her something to occupy her when you want to leave her (Kongs are great)
- If you need to leave her at all, try and walk her first to tire her out
- Try leaving for very small amounts of time, only increasing when she is coping OK. For example, leave for 30 seconds and then come back. If she copes OK with that, increase to 1 minute etc etc. If, at any point, she whines/howls, decrease time slightly.
- Try not to make a fuss of her for a few minutes before you leave and when your return. When you return, wait until she is quiet before giving her attention or you will be reinforcing her behaviour (just do normal stuff like put kettle on etc until she is quiet).

Hope that helps a bit :oops:

She is really gorgeous! :love:

Aw bless her.

I have some little tips on separation anxiety - they might help:

- Try to identify if there is a trigger at all (sound of door shutting/keys jangling/you putting your shoes on etc.)
- If you identify one, do it randomly throughout the day. For example, if you putting your shoes on triggers her, put them on randomly throughout the day and then sit back down on the sofa. Also, leave the room without any shoes on so she doesn't always associate you putting shoes on with her being left alone.
- Try leaving her in the room but stay the other side of the door and talk to yourself or make some noise so she knows you are still there
- Give her something to occupy her when you want to leave her (Kongs are great)
- If you need to leave her at all, try and walk her first to tire her out
- Try leaving for very small amounts of time, only increasing when she is coping OK. For example, leave for 30 seconds and then come back. If she copes OK with that, increase to 1 minute etc etc. If, at any point, she whines/howls, decrease time slightly.
- Try not to make a fuss of her for a few minutes before you leave and when your return. When you return, wait until she is quiet before giving her attention or you will be reinforcing her behaviour (just do normal stuff like put kettle on etc until she is quiet).

Hope that helps a bit :oops:

She is really gorgeous! :love:

ahh, these are most of the things we have been trying!! My neighbours think we are loonies standing outside the front door in the evenings and going in and out :) when she first came she howled if you shut her in another room but now its just if we go out at night so i'm confident we will get there eventually!

ahh, these are most of the things we have been trying!! My neighbours think we are loonies standing outside the front door in the evenings and going in and out :) when she first came she howled if you shut her in another room but now its just if we go out at night so i'm confident we will get there eventually!

That sounds great! :D

Feel free to post piccies whenever you want! ;) :love:

Back