• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Miffed at the vet nurses today, chuffed with the vet.

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
Sandy went in for a dental today. I always send them with bowls for food and water, and also their pellet food and obviously hay.

Today the vet nurses obviously thought they knew better because they gave Sandy and Roger a whacking great big dog bowl full (which is their water bowl) of some sort of pellet that looked like little boulders, neither Excel, nor Science Selective (which was what I sent). NOT good for a bunny with a sensitive stomach, which Sandy has.

The, when I questioned it, the nurse just blamed the student nurse 'oh, ______ had done it by the time I arrived'.

I then was 'told off' and told that Sandy's teeth were really bad and we needed to keep on top of it and keep an eye on her. And I was like, her behaviour hasn't changed and she hasn't stopped stuffing her face. The only difference was a very sporadic drool. To which she went 'oh' and then took my card so I could pay for it.

Normally the vet nurses are top notch, but this one has a bad manner with me, not sure if thats generally with other people as well. I will now, always write on 'please only feed what I have sent'.

Let's just hope that Sandy doesn't suffer any ill effects from the dog like pellets that filled her bowl.

No purpose other than a bit of a rant.

Thaks for reading! :wave:

Also better add the positive, this morning we needed to make a semi emergency visit to the vets this morning and they fitted us in (in a 'please don't book any appointments in this slot' slot :lol:), and our vet spent 20 mins with us, doing bloods and such, which made him late for surgery, but he and the receptionist who squeezed me in were incredibly helpful.

I hate it when you send their food with them and the nurses don't/won't feed what you've given.

Mine always go with their 'packed lunch' and I ring periodically through the day to check they have got their own food ~ They must get fed up with me :oops:

Glad to hear the vet was good this morning, hope bunny is okay :D

I send their own food and hay with mine, and a list of written instructions :lol: Fortunately the vet nurses seem to appreciate this.

I think I'd be complaining about the ones who put the wrong food in :shock:

I send their own food and hay with mine, and a list of written instructions :lol: Fortunately the vet nurses seem to appreciate this.

I think I'd be complaining about the ones who put the wrong food in :shock:

Definitely this. That could kill a bun. Would certainly make Feegal squit for England:shock:

Back