• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rare breed bunnies

Aurie

Young Bun
I found this list of rare breed bunnies on some other site but I'm sure there are more.

Beige
Blanc de Bouscat
Blanc de Hotot
Blanc de Termonde
Deilenaar
Giant Papillion
Golden Glavcot
Hulstlander
Meissner Lop
Perlfee
Plush Lop
Pointed Beveren
Rhinelander
Sallander
Squirrel
Sussex
Swiss Fox
Thrianta
Thuringer
Tri Dutch
Tri-English
Vienna
Wheaten
Wheaten Lynx

Do you own any of these rare breed bunnies?

I was lucky enough to get my Perlfee bunny Benji from a rescue centre.

And they have been selling really cute Hustlander bunnies in a pet shop near me. :)

Nope I don't. I love all my bunnies so much, doesn't matter on breed. :D But... I really would love a thrianta and tri dutch! :D Oh and a rhinelander! :love: :lol:
Demi Smith on here has thriantas. :D

Last edited:
no idea honey, never heard of any of them! i just fall for the bunny i fall for, doesnt matter on the breed xxx

Haha, I totally agree :) I just go for the bunny that looks like they need a hug the most! :D I had no idea Benji was such a rare breed when I saw him.

Plush lop sounds cute!

I think they have some health problems. :( They are basically a dwarf lop/rex cross but I'd of thought breeding a heavier dwarf lop with rex fur would no doubt cause sore hocks. They also have quite different skull shapes so I'd worry about teeth too.

Doesn't Coco1200 own giant papillions? Plush lop sounds cute!

I do indeed :D Two yellow giant papillons! :love:

Although they are getting more and more popular, don't know why they are on rare breeds, there is always some in rescues :(

This is Noisette
DSC_0196.jpg

and this is Oscar - he's a self papillon.
DSC_0213.jpg

I think they have some health problems. :( They are basically a dwarf lop/rex cross but I'd of thought breeding a heavier dwarf lop with rex fur would no doubt cause sore hocks. They also have quite different skull shapes so I'd worry about teeth too.

Oh right... I take it back then. That doesn't sound like a good mix at all.

I have seen Thiaranta's on pre loved in the next town from me as I type!! They are gorgeous buns ....I would be sooo tempted :oops: but no room :lol:

Although they are getting more and more popular, don't know why they are on rare breeds, there is always some in rescues :(

they are lovely :love:

I think the reason they are listed as rarebreeds is that not many breeders breed them really.

Im surprised the plush lop is on there....I didnt think it was even underconsideration to be a breed lol:lol:

I do indeed :D Two yellow giant papillons! :love:

This is Noisette
DSC_0196.jpg

and this is Oscar - he's a self papillon.
DSC_0213.jpg

Wow, they are beautiful rabbits :D :love::love:

Back