• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We need to make a decision about Daisy very soon/ pics post 18

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Daisy has done so well with all her problems, much better than we could ever have hoped for, but we think her time is nearing an end now :(

The problem is I am finding it hard to make an objective decision based on Daisy's health and what is best for her because Dave is so reliant on her and I am so worried that without Daisy, Dave will go too :( I just will her to keep going for him....

Today Daisy's eyes are both gunked up despite being on ceporex injections which had been keeping it under control until now. The cancer is more than likely to have spread to her brain as she started fitting a few weeks ago and she looks so frail with deteriorating hind leg weakness. She is still eating like a horse, they usually do with cancer, but besides that rarely moves :?

I don't want her to start to suffer but I can't imagine Dave without her :cry::cry:

Last edited:
Nobody envies you the decision, but you have given Daisy quality bonus time with your love and care. Many, many people would have given up on her long ago, but she's had a very valuable extra chapter of her life with her handsome husbun. Thinking of you and them. xx

I don't envy you having to make the decision either.

Whilst PTS is the final act of kindness we can offer our pets, I'm always racked with after-thoughts of whether it was too soon, or was there some other avenue we could have gone down. It's never easy:cry:

Either way I'm sure you'll do the best for her when her time comes.

This is so hard for you especially as Dave is so dependent on her.

As Daisy weakens Dave is effectively going to be increasingly without her - if that makes sense.

She is still eating which suggests everything is still working internally. Is she in a lot of pain at the moment?

If Daisy doesn't move then Dave doesn't move, He sits beside her constantly resting his head on her, they are like Siamese twins. He always uses her a pillow or support, I don;t know what he would do with out it, lots of cushions I guess :?

Most cancer buns eat like horses, to me being always ravenous is as wrong as not eating. I always think if I have left it to the point where they suddenly stop eating, then I have left it to late. But I am sure others would disagree with that.

Hopefully she is not in too much pain, but it is so hard to tell. Her personality has really changed recently. She can be aggressive if I go near her and has given me a couple of nasty bites for no reason, but whether this is pain related or a neurological change due the cancer spread, who knows......

Thank you.

We are going to watch her closely over the weekend and reassess after that, unless there is any sudden deterioration.

My gut feeling would be to give her pain killers and let her go in her own time, but I don't know her personally. And also there is more to think of than pain if it is affecting her brain. :(

With Dave, you going to see how he is once she's gone and can only make a decision from there. Is there anyone else he can be bonded with? I think I would try if he's so reliant on her, even if it's some bun you would never have thought to try with him.

Good luck and a peaceful passing to Daisy. :cry:

My gut feeling would be to give her pain killers and let her go in her own time, but I don't know her personally. And also there is more to think of than pain if it is affecting her brain. :(

With Dave, you going to see how he is once she's gone and can only make a decision from there. Is there anyone else he can be bonded with? I think I would try if he's so reliant on her, even if it's some bun you would never have thought to try with him.

Good luck and a peaceful passing to Daisy. :cry:

Daisy has been on pain relief for around 6 months already, I can't put it up any higher for her :(

the problem with Dave is he is a big bunny and he goes round in circles a lot crashing into things including bunnies, but daisy is so laid back she doesn't mind. The only female rabbit we have who is single is nancy and I couldn;t risk him knocking into her as she is in so much pain and she is only a nethie cross :( It would have to be a very special rabbit to go with Dave...

I have made an appointment for her for Wednesday morning as that is when the vet who has been seeing her regularly is next on, but if she deteriorates before then of course she will go sooner. Hopefully by sticking with the same vet they will be able to feel the cancer in her abdomen and compare it to how it felt last time which might give us a better indication of what decision to make.

Took a couple of piccies this evening, this is how she sits most of the time now

PB121205.jpg

PB121208.jpg

Settled at last
PB121217.jpg

Its not wee that makes her feet dirty its grated carrot as Dave always tips the bowl everywhere :roll:

This is how she looked in March
P3010583.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. :wave: Got a wee tear in my eye though. :cry::love:

While you were posting I searched out a picture of her from earlier in the year. Comparing the two helps me realise how much she has deteriorated :( Thank you for caring so much Susan, your card today was really appreciated :love:

Back