• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where do your buns live?

where do you bun live

• Total voters
:wave:Outside buns :D
Because they are naturally outside animals, they had been kept outside at the rescue and I like being outside so am happy to out in all weathers looking after them.
They hate being inside (I tried when I first had them and all they did was thump) but my OH is allergic to their fur and so I couldn't have house buns.
I think I'd like indoor buns as well but haven't got time and also because of OH.

Oggie lives in my room because I wanted him to be a housebunny and mum didn't want him living anywhere else apart from the third bedroom or my room (she is quite house proud! :lol:)

Last edited:
2 live in my spare room - Jose has always been a housebun since we got her at 8weeks old and isnt keen on being outside

2 live outside in a playhouse/aviary combo - they dont like being inside, they run around a lot more outside and you can see that they enjoy it more

Ours are in arun in the garden during the day, but the come into hutches in a shed at night. I take them in at night because we live in the countryside and have lots of predators- foxes, stoats, weasel and badgers.

The shed is really a brick building seperated into 3 x 9' by 9' rooms. We hoping to knock down the internal walls next summer and build individual runs inside so they have run access all the time.

In the garden.. mainly because my children are very allergic to the rabbits/hay and I have two cats who I would not trust with the bunnies.

In their kennel/run...because I would never be able to fit one in my house!! :lol::lol: ....my buns love being in the garden and seem quite happy outdoors

Living room for now. Once they're bonded they'll be moving to bathroom + hall, then later on my bedroom + hall + bathroom. Why? Because those are the best places they can free range. Its easy to block off the hall with a baby gate and let them free range all the rooms that lead off the hall. Plus I needed somewhere the dogs don't go anyways.

Two in the shed.

Two in a hutch.

They're going to hopefully bond and all move into the shed. Why? I can sit in their when its dark raining etc and I cant have them inside so its the next best option :wave:

Living room, hallway, bedroom... anywhere really!!! Because hes too cute to put away anywhere

Shed+run in my garden.

I can give them more space outside than I could inside; Eli likes to destroy carpet; I rent; I think if I was a rabbit I'd like to live outdoors in the fresh air and the quiet and we're going to foster dogs.

My buns live in their own large bedroom, they also get into our livingroom and other rooms.

Suits me to have them there as we have spare bedrooms and means i dont get cold and wet when cleaning them :)

In the conservatory but once the better weather appears again, theyll be back outside for good! Far too much damage to the house & im a very house proud person! :lol:

In the living room because that's where there is the most space to fit his cage and for him to run around, and where we are most of the time :)

In a hutch inside a 6ft x 15ft aviary that they have 24 hour access to.

Why? Because :

OH isn't keen on having them indoors (although I'm sure if I really pushed it, he'd cave).

I don't think I could give them as much room indoors as they currently have.

They seem to love being outdoors with the wind in their fur :lol: seriously tho, they do seem to love being outside and running round like loons (we have laminate floors indoors and they struggle to run/binky on them so if they do come in I'm forever sticking mats/fleece's down).

I think the mess they'd make indoors (esp in the living or dining rooms) would stress me out too much!

:D

Back