• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Door scratching?

chul

Staff member
Does anyone elses buns scratch at doors? Pepy has just started doing it. If we shut a door he scratches the edge and bites it to try and open it. Does anyone know how we can stop him as it is a rented house and we cant have damaged doors!!

The best way to deal with this sort of behaviour is ignore it, ignore bunny when they are doing it, and under no circumstances open the door whilst bunny is doing it! If you do any of these things you will reward the behaviour and bunny will learn that the behaviour gets the desired effect.... the door opens and/or bunny gets your attention. If nothing happens consistently, then bun will get bored and give up eventually. I would tape some cardboard along the door in the meantime to protect the door. :wave:

Ooooh yes, Louie has done that, I just don't shut any doors anymore!

I cant do that yet. We need to block off behind the washer as he gets behind it, and we have his future wifeybun in the spare room with door shut!

Bobby wants to get in any door that's closed as it is the most interesting thing in the world behind that door dont you know:lol:

Carlo has started to copy lately as well, I clap at them and they both binky off laughing their fluffy heads off :lol:

So I agree ignore them because it all becomes a game otherwise

If I were you I'd do what PL said. Mini used to dig at doors because she wanted to see what was behind them. She's very nosey. Since having the lionheads in another room off the same corridor she now can't go on the landing or the others chase and fight. Sorry, that's not much help is it.

Yes! :lol: Baby scratches at the french windows when she wants to come in the house or go out into the garden, we need a cat flap for her as she's always changing her mind! The window/doors are already scratched from my grandmas old dog so it dosen't really matter

Back