• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My OH doesn't understand

MilosMummy

Mama Doe
Milo had his VHD jab yesterday and since then he has been sleepy and overnght stopped eating or drinking by himself (I am going to call the vets soon). Anyway I have been giving him water via a syringe and hand feedng him pellets. He won't eat a lot of hay though and he is reaching his pellet limited before it upsets his tummy. My OH told me to leave him and that he would eat when he is ready. I have explained several times that its not good for Milo to go too long without eating but he just doesn't seem to get it! Sorry for the rant but I was allowed to get Milo if I promised to be the one to look after him and that is what I am trying to do. I just wish he could grasp the basic concept!

Sympathies! Spenser was a bit off after his VHD jab, and it is difficult to convince non-rabbity people that there is a big difference between a human going off their food and a rabbit. A rabbit's digestive system is designed to be working constantly, and I think you are quite right to be calling Milo's vet. Is Milo normally a good hay-eater? Spenser didn't need vet treatment for his post-VHD offness, but I felt reassured after calling them to describe his symptoms.

He normally eats moutains of hay. I have just called the vet and he is booked in for this afternoon but to cancel if he perks up. Its reassuring to hear that they think he can wait until this afternoon and that its not urgent. He is sort of eating some hay now but only because I put it right in front of him. Not drinking though :( And he just seems sad :cry:

I just want my hyper naughty bunny back!!!!

He normally eats moutains of hay. I have just called the vet and he is booked in for this afternoon but to cancel if he perks up. Its reassuring to hear that they think he can wait until this afternoon and that its not urgent. He is sort of eating some hay now but only because I put it right in front of him. Not drinking though :( And he just seems sad :cry:

I just want my hyper naughty bunny back!!!!

I can relate to that.

How is he now?

Was it cylap that he had?

Mine were more subdued versions of themselves for 2 or 3 days after their VHD. You are right to call the vet though - my vet said you can't be too careful with rabbits and your are ALWAYS better to be safe than sorry!

Once when Lola was off colour mum said - "Maybe a wee starving will do her good". (!!!! :roll:) Rabbits aren't dogs!!!!

Aww I can totally sympathise, my friends and family all say things like this to me when it comes to the bunnies

Sneding lots of vibes. I hope hes nomming away again soon.

I can totally sympathise! My parents dont seem to understand and think im over reacting whenever i take them to see the vet, they roll their eyes when i say their jabs are due and they dont understand why i need "huge" hutches and runs! I dont ask them to pay for any of it, so a lift to the vets without them moaning would be nice! :roll:

Back