• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to stop them chewing foam mats

hmmm thought that might be the answer but if thats the case what do i do about Alberts sore feet

If its just a corner I tried putting down small carpet pieces on them. Or I tried soaping the edges once - kinda worked although I was worried they'd just eat the soap too...

What about covering them? Maybe with a blanket and tucking the ends in somehow?

Vetbed didn't help ours until I covered it with something thinner. I used an old sheet or pillowcases. I found the vetbed wore away a bit at the fur. However, ours were caused by carpet rubbing away the fur anyway. They did improve once I covered their vetbed though.

no idea, i tried laying mine in the hutches, cut them so they fit perfect, next day they were destroyed, i gave up.

i do however have them in the run and i have put the run over them if that makes sense?

they seem to leave them alone in the run :)

I covered the edges with cardboard

they lasted a good while, ive only just had to throw them out due to chewing. will have to get more if charlies poorly feet return though

I covered the mats with newspaper last night and they made it through the night so im off to the charity shop today to look for a sheet :D

Back