• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Orchard Grass

tiger_lily

Mama Doe
After buying a sample of this for Oscar to try, I have discovered he loves Orchard Grass, he eats it like it's going out of fashion, and it was the first time I came down in the morning to find his hay rack empty. Am I ok to feed him as much as he wants of it, or do I need to limit it? Should I mix it with another sort of hay? Thanks for any help!

After buying a sample of this for Oscar to try, I have discovered he loves Orchard Grass, he eats it like it's going out of fashion, and it was the first time I came down in the morning to find his hay rack empty. Am I ok to feed him as much as he wants of it, or do I need to limit it? Should I mix it with another sort of hay? Thanks for any help!

I asked this question less than a week ago too. Apparently you can feed it instead of hay or even with. It's not like readigrass where you have to limit it. I'm going to buy either the 11KG bag or the 22KG bag for thumper :) The only dried grass like thing he'll eat other than readigrass!

mine eat this like it's their last meal too! I was wondering the same, can only get the small Oxbow bags around here, might have to seek out larger bags. I mix it with cheap meadow hay I can get in huge bags, they tend to ignore the meadow hay when the orchard grass is around though!

Back