• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

advice on after care of neutering please

jenjen01

Young Bun
:wave:
my boy who is a outdoor bun is off to be neutered tomorrow, im really worried for him (i have chewed all my nails:oops:)
all the the vet said was to bring his hay to the surgery with him. its costing £29.99 so im guessing any painkillers will be extra which i dont mind aslong as it stops him from being in pain. hes going there at 8.30 im gonna miss him so much.:cry:
will he be ok to go back outside or shall i keep him in for a while?

does anybody have any advice for me to help him settle back in and recover please? many thanks to all who can help x

Last edited:
:wave:
my boy who is a outdoor bun is off to be neutered tomorrow, im really worried for him (i have chewed all my nails:oops:)
all the the vet said was to bring his hay to the surgery with him. its costing £29.99 so im guessing any painkillers will be extra which i dont mind aslong as it stops him from being in pain. hes going there at 8.30 im gonna miss him so much.:cry:
will he be ok to go back outside or shall i keep him in for a while?

does anybody have any advise for me to help him settle back in and recover please? many thanks to all who can help x

Get a few days worth of pain killers. Thumper was done yesterday and was totally fine, they gave him pain killers after his surgers. But they never gave me any more to give him...since then I.E. today, I'm pretty certain he's managed to pull some of his stitches out or loose, I could be wrong but they look open, I can only imagine because they're irritating him.

On my website (link in my sig) there is an article about 'spaying or neutering your bunny' and holds lots of useful info for before, during the day and after the neuter which may be of use to you. Its under the section 'Rabbit Info Articles'.

awww poor thumper, hope he recovers really sooon. he is beautiful :love:

thanks, i will ask them about painkillers first thing when i drop him off

We just had our 5 month old done last Saturday. The big thing is to keep them warm when they get home as the G.A. interferes a bit. Our little guy was eating and running around within an hour of getting home and we put a water bottle in his cage to keep him warm on the way home. Pain meds are a must for a few days after so I hope you get some metacam for your little guy!

Back