• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Surgery tommorow - UD Home now

NinjaBunneh

Warren Scout
Poor 6 month old Loki-Lop has developed a Tooth Spur and stopped eating. He's in for care tonight with surgery scheduled for tommorow. Poor lil baby...

SDC10300.jpg

Lady Titania disappoves of him not being here to pamper her.

Last edited:
Good luck for tomorrow. I also have a bunny going in for a dental, so hopefully both of ours will have their dental, come round and recover with no problems at all :)

thanks hoomins :)

so i've been thinking about Lokis problem and potential causes and why its developed now...

Originally they were on a bale of hay which was quite straw like and probably quite abrassive. When that ran out I didnt have chance to go get another so I got a bag of Excel from the local pet shop which they've been on for the last few weeks. This is a much more grass like hay and is probably softer on the tooth.

So I'm looking to swap back to the bale/straw like hay to see if this helps. Has anyone got a recommendation for the best type of hay for a dental bun?

Update! He's home and relatively better. He's eaten a little and is hopping around the living room. He's had a fight with me over his medication, but I am more ninja than him, despite us both fighting dirty.

Check up on Monday then we'll see what the future brings and if this is going to be a regular problem...

oh and Titus is a little madam and had a strop today and totally trashed the cage in his absence - think she missed him? :love:

So glad everything went ok :)

For future reference its preferable for bonded friends to go to the vets together.

Ah hadnt considered taking her with him - she really did trash the place 100% :)

He's eating quite nicely although hasnt touched his caecos (coacos we call them) but expect it'll be a few days till he's back to normal. Syringe feeding is proving difficult - no surprise really as he hates being handled at the best of times. Last night involved me 'encouraging' him to bite the syringe and throw it away like he did the first time I tried, then squirting as he bit it. He seems to have wised up this morning so ended up trying putting it in a sugar snap, which seems to have worked.

If he has to go again, it might be worth taking her :)

What is it you are syringe feeding? Glad he is doing well :)

Back