• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Little Bit of Bonding Going On................ Moved out to bigger space - Pics

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
Overnight I started bonding a trio for Sugarlump (Lisa). She had tried to bond her own single girls up herself but asked if I would help to do it on neutral territory and wondered if I could sneak an extra bun or two into the mix.

Lisa has offered our lovely Tiger a wonderful forever home if the bonding works out.

I'm happy with our progress so far and have had the girls washing each other a little bit, and Tiger washing Sugar (Koala faced bunny).

Tiger is very happy in the company of both ladies and doesn't have a favourite at all - he's smooched both of them equally.

It is very early in the bonding process, things can change very quickly, but it looks pretty positive so far.

More photos as the day goes on.

9thNov2010Firstday001.jpg

Tiger makes himself right at home....

9thNov2010Firstday004.jpg

Last edited:
Oh my!! They're all so smooshy!! :love::love: They'll make a great trio!! Paws crossed it goes well!

The girls are having some snoozing time now too - lovely to see as they had previously not gotten along at home.......

9thNov2010Firstday009.jpg

My name is different, but it's still me! :wave:

Does Lisa's OH know about the sneaky addition?! ;)

Lisa's hubby actually said I could add two more if it was going to work - Lisa has fallen for Bugsy, but he's currently got a home lined up elsewhere so we will maybe add him at a later date if that doesn't work out.

So thankfully I won't be upsetting the apple cart! LOL

Oh Helen. What can I say except :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:
It makes my heart swell to see them together after 3 months and 3 weeks of looking at each other through bars.:cry:
Thank you so much for your hard work and ill keep my fingers crossed that all carries on going well.
Lisa x

Currently snacking on a light scattering of Readigrass - keeps them busy.

They seem like really good friends and all are relaxed. We've had a wee bit of chasing overnight and a little bit of mutual humping but on the whole, it's a very positive and well suited group.

Fingers crossed.

And Lisa, it's my pleasure, all my pleasure.

Stop showing me pics or im gonna have to come and bunny nap them back :lol::lol::lol::lol:
I miss them so much already...
did the little monkeys let you get much sleep last night?
Sugar looks so relaxed now.....

Tiger just launched himself between these two and stuck his legs in the air. Now settled in a slightly more relaxed position! I think it's friends don't you?

9thNov2010Firstday015.jpg

Look at Pepper, relaxed enough to close her eyes shut!

9thNov2010Firstday019.jpg

And keeping warm bunny style (we turn our heating off when bonding outside buns in the house this time of year - so wish I could join them)

9thNov2010Firstday020.jpg

Hopefully this will grow into a very long lived and happy grouping. Lisa mentioned that the girls have really settled much more over the last few weeks following their spays and Tiger who was only neutered 3 weeks ago, before he was mature, has never been hormone driven. So for anyone wondering about neutered and bonding, it's always good to neuter early as possible in my opinion and when you see rabbits as happy as this with company, who wouldn't try and get their bun a friend?

Solitary life in a hutch outside for most bunnies in the UK versus snuggled up bunny love. Better for their health and their character.

Makes me smile on the inside to see this kind of bunny love.

Jeez. Everyones making me want a Trio this week... :roll: :lol:

Sugarlump / The Duchess - They look Gorgeous together :love:

Jeez. Everyones making me want a Trio this week... :roll: :lol:

Sugarlump / The Duchess - They look Gorgeous together :love:

Sorry Graham :oops:....................................but what's wrong with wanting a trio :lol: Every home should have one :D;)

Sorry Graham :oops:....................................but what's wrong with wanting a trio :lol: Every home should have one :D;)

Nothings wrong with 'wanting' one, but 'having' one is a whole new story. Accomodation, cost etc. Just not viable. At least i don't have any lonely buns :)

Nothings wrong with 'wanting' one, but 'having' one is a whole new story. Accomodation, cost etc. Just not viable. At least i don't have any lonely buns :)

You are absolutely right:D

Things also to think about with trios is that they do make an awful lot more mess more quickly in my experience. Also, there is always a chance of the relationship changing even months or years in.

I have one trio myself and they love each other most of the time but also chase like mad over food.

Sometimes pairs are the best way forward that's for sure.

Things also to think about with trios is that they do make an awful lot more mess more quickly in my experience.

That's for sure!! :shock::shock:

. Also, there is always a chance of the relationship changing even months or years in.

I have one trio myself and they love each other most of the time but also chase like mad over food.

Sometimes pairs are the best way forward that's for sure.

Oi!! Don't say that!! You'll scare me! :oops:

Back