• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Midweek Pub Quiz for Pledge a Pound - TONGHT'S QUIZ CLOSED!

helgalush

Wise Old Thumper
This week's pub quiz is on Wednesday at 8pm. :wave:

TONIGHT's QUESTIONS & ANSWERS:

1. The character David Wicks appeared in which TV soap? Eastenders

2. Who took “Downtown” into the charts in the 1960s and the 1980s? Petula Clark

3. The rugby ground Ellis Park is in which city? Johannesberg

4. In rhyming slang what is Barnet Fair? Hair

5. What is K2 – a hurricane, a mountain or an underground cavern? Mountain

6. Which sitcom couple had Pippa and Patrick as next door neighbours? The Meldrews (One Foot In The Grave)

7. Which U.S. state is directly north of Indiana? Michigan

8. Which actress links the movies Gangs of New York and There’s Something About Mary? Cameron Diaz

9. What was the nickname of German swimmer Michael Gross? The Albatross

10. Which Michigan town is famous for the production of motor vehicles? Detroit

11. On which special day was William the Conqueror crowned King of England? Christmas Day

12. What was the first Grand Slam title to be won by Monica Seles? French Open

13. What is Tom Stoppard’s real name? Thomas Straussler

14. David Jason won a BAFTA for the role of Skullion in which TV programme? Porterhouse Blue

15. Which David followed Anthony Crosland as Labour’s foreign secretary? David Owen

Quiz Rules

1. There will be TWO quizzes a week, one on Sundays and one on Wednesdays

2. Scores will be acumulated and averaged on the number of quizzes you enter, so that it is fair for everyone. However, to be in with a chance of winning the prize, you need to enter at least 3 different quizzes.

THE PRIZE IS A £10 VOUCHER FROM THE HAY EXPERTS

3. There will be 10 MINUTES to PM your answers from the time the quiz opens.

4. Just for fun, I will announce the winner for each quiz. I will endeavour to announce the winner asap after the quiz ends.

5. If at the end there is more than one person with the same average high score, there will be a tiebreaker scenario.

6. All entries will cost £1 via paypal to: snoopsnflumps@yahoo.co.uk. Please remember to send it as a gift if you can. You can do this once you have sent your PM to me, but no later than 10pm on the night please so that I can verify payments and announce the winner.

7. This will run until 12th December (inclusive). Please remember it is for Pledge a Pound :D

Any questions please PM me. If we have any Sunday/Wednesday night wobbles, it will be postponed to another time, and disputes on answers will be as per what it says in my book! I have the final say! :D

GOOD LUCK! Please check back here at 8:00pm, or just before, on Wednesday! :wave:

Last edited:
Midweek Pub Quiz for Pledge a Pound - Weds 24th Nov RE-RUN 9pm

Just a reminder that the next pub quiz is going live, Wednesday night at 9pm.

Please join in :wave: Its good fun :)

Just to say that those who entered on Sunday just gone (7th Nov) - your entry will be added to the leaderboard, but as I say this will be averaged out over all of the quizzes so shouldnt give you any advantage, just that you one entry towards qualifying for the prize. :wave:

Hope this all makes sense! :D

Last edited:
Oooooohhh this will get the grey old matter working in my head again!!!! :lol:

Need to set myself a reminder to make sure I'm all done here so I don't miss it :oops:

Thanks for organising this Helen :D

Thank you Denise! I am excited about it again.

I hope 10 minutes will take the pressure off slightly! :lol::lol::lol:

Oooh how exciting, thanks for your interest everybun!! I have just logged in on my lunch break...so its good to see that people are up for the quiz again tonight!!

Yep, the 15 questions will appear in Post 1, at 9pm on the dot :D You can either just PM me your 15 answers or you can copy and paste the questions in to a PM to me with your answers next to them.

Looking forward to it! I'll be back later :wave:

I must remember to get back on the computer at 9pm prompt!!!!

Mind you my brain is hurting today :oops: So no chance of me winning!!! :roll: :lol:

Have just paypalled so I don't forget later :wave:

I must remember to get back on the computer at 9pm prompt!!!!

Mind you my brain is hurting today :oops: So no chance of me winning!!! :roll: :lol:

Have just paypalled so I don't forget later :wave:

Thanks Denise :wave: I completely forgot that it will clash with The Apprentice and Ugly Betty so I may have to do it a bit earlier next week!!!

Anyway, I am looking forward to tonight's quiz. Thank you for your paypal! :wave:

Thanks Denise :wave: I completely forgot that it will clash with The Apprentice and Ugly Betty so I may have to do it a bit earlier next week!!!

Anyway, I am looking forward to tonight's quiz. Thank you for your paypal! :wave:

I'm looking forward to it too :D

Just over 1 hour to go :D

Quiz is all typed up and ready to go!!! I wonder who else is going to take part tonight :p Hope we get a good turn out! Be back from the bar and on your bar stools for 9pm people!! :lol:

Back