• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bit miffed with my vets again

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Aren't I always :lol:

The last 3 times I have ordered more metacam I have specifically asked for a written prescription. The last 3 times I have gone to collect it I have been given a bottle of metacam :roll: I know it only saves me around £6 each time but I buy a bottle every 10 to 14 days so that really starts to add up. As if I don't spend enough money there already....

I am just wondring what size bottle they allow you to have? I am only ever given a 10ml bottle.
It is much cheaper to buy it on-line but they charge me £10 for a prescription so its not worth it.

I buy 180ml bottles. Prescription charges are around £7.50, Bottles online are about £22 compared with £35 at the vets, so i make a small saving. Would be even better if they put more than one bottle on a prescription but they refuse saying its against regulations :(

Arithmetic always defeats me :oops: but even I can see that a saving of £6 every fortnight will certainly mount up, so I can see why your a bit miffed. :(

Oh lucky you getting such big bottles:lol:
My vet says they can only give out 10ml bottles for rabbits. Is it because you are a rescue that you are allowed larger amounts.
The meanies, selling you a bottle instead of giving you prescrption.:(
I used to get big bottles for my old dog, saved me a fortune cos i could use it for bunnies as well;)

Don't take it then - you asked specifically for a prescription so you should get one! They're just trying to get around you.

Don't take it then - you asked specifically for a prescription so you should get one! They're just trying to get around you.

The problem is, if we hadn;t taken the bottle today we would have to wait another 48 hours for a prescription then post it out and wait for the bottle in the post. We would have run out by then and we can't leave the buns in pain. We get through it so quickly I usually have to order a new bottle about a week after we get the previous bottle. I even said to them on Friday please make sure its a written prescription this time as the last 2 times I have ended up with bottles :roll:

rabbitapril, we have around 12 to 15 rabbits on it at any one time which is why we have the larger bottles. If you only have a couple of rabbits its not worth getting a big bottle, and the vet wouldn't allow it anyway

Is there not a vet there when you go to collect it? If there is then they can write one while you wait, its a 30 second job. If not, make sure you go during consulting hours so you can insist. That's just lame, tell them to put it on your account notes that you want a prescription.

Back