• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Right Bobby girl must go on a diet

Shellypops

Wise Old Thumper
She is quite a big bun, but was looking at some photo's and she is geting a bit podgy, she is very active.

I think what the problem is she eats about twice as fast as Carlo. He has sped up a bit since we got him, but this girlie doesn't take a breath, and always ends up "helping" Carlo with the remainder of his:evil:

Should I feed them seperatley:? Any tips on diet would be great.

They both get meduim handfull of pelletts between them in the morning then a spring green leaf each, maybe some herbs just before I leave for work, and then another medium hand full when of Excel when I get home.

As I said she charges around, but she is a greedy grabby pants. Carlo is in great condition not too porky at all

I don't know if it's just me, but that seems like a LOT of pellets to be giving them. I know our Oscar is a small rabbit, but he only gets an eggcup of pellets a day, and lots of hay always available. Maybe less pellets and more hay?

I have a similar issue with Nutmeg and Smudge. Smudge eats REALLY fast. He always gets a few more pellets than her cos he's 1.8 and she's 1.2, she's a small bun, yet he always manages to try to 'help' her with hers. So I tend to pick him up or shepherd (bunherd?) him over to the litter tray with fresh hay once he's finished his bowlful.

I don't know if it's just me, but that seems like a LOT of pellets to be giving them. I know our Oscar is a small rabbit, but he only gets an eggcup of pellets a day, and lots of hay always available. Maybe less pellets and more hay?

The thing is Carlo wouldn't get any, I am thinking I will have to feed him when Bobby is distracted:lol: they eat hay all day long!

I am going to cut down on Pelletts, I am thinking about going back to SS, she seemed in better condition then

I have a similar issue with Nutmeg and Smudge. Smudge eats REALLY fast. He always gets a few more pellets than her cos he's 1.8 and she's 1.2, she's a small bun, yet he always manages to try to 'help' her with hers. So I tend to pick him up or shepherd (bunherd?) him over to the litter tray with fresh hay once he's finished his bowlful.

Yeah I think she is getting a quarter of Carlo's:roll: As soon as she hears that crunching she can get nasty :cry: if I try and shepherd her grrr.. I def think the her pellets need cutting down

Maybe take Carlo out away from her? Is that possible? Let him eat in peace poor love. :love:

When you have a pair, it's really hard to know if they are getting their fair share. Sheely - i know where you are coming from on this!

I know for a fact Lucky eats more pellets than Daisy but she eats hay all day long and Lucky is too lazy to eat all the time. :lol: They get veggies twice a day too.

They get about a handful of pellets a day (half a handful twice a day) - i make sure i see both of them eat but i honestly dont know who has what. (My handfuls arent big btw :lol: )

When you have a pair, it's really hard to know if they are getting their fair share. Sheely - i know where you are coming from on this!

I know for a fact Lucky eats more pellets than Daisy but she eats hay all day long and Lucky is too lazy to eat all the time. :lol: They get veggies twice a day too.

They get about a handful of pellets a day (half a handful twice a day) - i make sure i see both of them eat but i honestly dont know who has what. (My handfuls arent big btw :lol: )
Yeah I try and do half a handful each twice a day, I am really small as well, think I am going to feed Carlo in the bathroom:wave:

I'd separate them at feeding time. I used to have a pair who were like this - they were outside so we fed one in the loft of the hutch and one downstairs. Worked fine and the podgy one (funnily enough, also the female) lost her chunkyness eventually.

Back