• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Single buns

clarebear

Mama Doe
Just wondered who had a single bun and why? Are they a house bunny or an outdoor bunny? Would you consider getting it a friend? Is it neutered?

Bramble is on his own and I'm unsure what to do? :?

Yes we have Starbuck who is a single housebunny. He was adopted along with Fay, and we were going to bond them together...or at least that was the idea....they had different ideas though... and they were separated....Fay was bonded by Tracy at RNGP Welfare for us when we adopted Kenco for her.

Starbuck is deaf so we arent sure how well he will bond, but we are hoping that Tracy can work her magic again soon!! :D

we had a single spayed female... she was a french lop and didnt like other buns... so was more than happy with just our or her own company:D
it depends on the bun really...

When Lucky came to us, he was a single bun. We got him neutered because i read on here it would be the best thing to do for him. He was a housebun but it meant locking him in a small hutch at night and i didnt like it, so hubby cleared the out house and he now lives out there (more or less outdoors) - we got him a friend as it's colder in his new home and i also read on here that they prefer company.

We approached a rescue who were excellent (Windwhistle Warren) - they matched Lucky up by personality to Daisy (who has also been neutered) and even did the bonding. We had so much fantastic advice from them too.

I'm sooo glad i got Lucky a friend - they are soo happy together and i know they are good company when i'm at work and the girls at school.

Is Bramble a housebun?

I have two. Honey was intially bonded with Wesley but didn't get on so she is a house bunny living next to Wesley and Merlin and I do hope to bond her with the boys when I get a free week.

A couple of rescues have attempted to bond Diego and found him unbondable he lives in the playhouse outside.

Pepy has always been on his own since we got him. He seems so happy, always flopping and loves our attention. He gets on the bed with us and wakes us up in the morning.

I just got a girlie bun for him yesterday, but need him chopped first, and her spayed. So for now they are both seperate.

I have four single males all indoors.

Badger lost his bonded friend in June and he didn't want to know any of my others.

Star and Sky are to most intents and purposed 'unbondable'.

Angel is very dominant and would ned someone submissive. I don't have anyone here who would bond with him.

All are neutered. They will only get a friend if someone comes here and they like them. Otherwise they will all be single. They are all happy and that's fine :)

Louie is a single totally freerange houserabbit. He was neutered at 4 months.

Few reasons why he is on his own. He is blind so I wouldn't want him going to a rescue to be bonded, too confusing for him plus he has never been confined so he wouldn't cope with that either.

I also can't be bothered with all the upheavel of doing a bonding myself, got nowhere to keep another rabbit if it didn't work out plus couldn't handle all the watching them continually, confined space etc.

He's fine on his own anyway.

Teddy was a single bun for just over a year. He was a very happy bunny being single. (I was at home all the time.) I'm sure I'll have a single bun again, but it has to be the right bun!

Out of mine only Eddie would really suit being a single, as he craves human attention. (although he is very happy in his trio! :love:)

I had Tia as a single bun read more and realised she needed a friend, so we rescued Bracken they have both been done and are happy living indoors as hunsbun and wife. I also have Lotto who is a single house bun living upstairs. :love:

At the moment I have two buns seperate in a divided hutch and run. I only recently got them neutered but I plan to bond them. I think im going to miss it as they seem much more friendlier as singles but I know its best for them.

Just wondered who had a single bun and why? Are they a house bunny or an outdoor bunny? Would you consider getting it a friend? Is it neutered?

Bramble is on his own and I'm unsure what to do? :?

Riley is a single bun. He is an outdoor bun. I am thinking about getting him a friend once I have saved enough money for his playhouse which will be at christmas. Yes he is neutured.

Bobby was my first bun got her speyed at 6 months, she has always been free range, and was a very cuddly bunny, loved humans so much!

Ian and I both work full time and I didn't like the thought of her being on her own whilst we were out at work all day,

I saw Carlo on here being fostered my Honey Bunny's rescue, his picture made me melt Look!

w6wk91.jpg

Now my princess has a friend :love:

Now who wouldn't want to watch this:
2dhgu86.jpg

But I think if you have the time to give a single house bun all the time and attention it needs they will be fine, but as someone has already said, it all depends on the bun

Yes, we have one. She used to be bonded reasonably happy but as she's got older (7 now) she's become anti social bless her. :love:

Probably doesn't help she's very ill and we don't know how much longer she's got :(

Yes, we have one. She used to be bonded reasonably happy but as she's got older (7 now) she's become anti social bless her. :love:

Probably doesn't help she's very ill and we don't know how much longer she's got :(

Aw bless her!

Alvin was for a while but he has never been a human fan so i always knew he needed a bunny pal.. he will never be happy single, im not enough sadly :(

I get shot down every time I say this but...

I have 3 single buns, 2 outside 1 in.

They will not bond despite numerous attempts and I do not want to take on any more rabbits.

I have the outside 2 living side by side so they can interact through the mesh and they are both perfectly happy with their arrangement.

I've got a new foster coming this week who has to go as a single bun as she has had 2 failed bondings up to now!

I get shot down every time I say this but...

I have 3 single buns, 2 outside 1 in.

They will not bond despite numerous attempts and I do not want to take on any more rabbits.

I have the outside 2 living side by side so they can interact through the mesh and they are both perfectly happy with their arrangement.

I don't think you should get shot down, I remember how you agonised over it! and they look very happy in your vids,

Back