• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Space or playthings

unalakey

Mama Doe
Which do you think is more important space or toys, My New rabbit (French lop called Nell) is currently living in a shed 8ft x 6ft, i have a large hutch in it 6 ft wide x 3ft deep that takes up the top end (open at all times) a small table for climbing on or sitting under, an old plastic dog basket filled with hay and a large litter tray, after that there is not much floor space but plenty things to play with and explore, do you think this is ok or is it more important to have floor space to move about in i.e take out the large hutch and put smaller one in, she dosent have a large permanent attached run yet, just a small one that she can do about four hops each way, but she has free range alternative days around the garden, any ideas welcome (and i hope it makes sense:oops:)

space.... i say that as ours are freerange indoor buns and very rarely play with toys:roll:...have spent a fortune on toys and im always on the lookout for something new but i think im wasting time and money:roll::lol:

Space.....its a must for their health, toys can be a luxury, space is essential, hay will help their boredom, hang it in a basket...mix some herbs etc in for them to forage for .....:D:D

Ok will have a shifty about tomorrow, she does have space to move about but i can create more, its her playing out day tomorrow, think i will take the large hutch out as she sosent seem to sleep in their, she is always lay on the rug lol. good idea about the hay hanging in a basket, might try that;) Thanks:wave:

Back