• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need some support - 2 sick bunnies :( Update - She was PTS :'(

Seems like all bad things happen at once. Bad weekend and now this...Had these two terminals in for a while now.

k1.jpg

This is Krispie Kreme. She came in with her 2 sisters in a 4ft hutch. The people said if we did not take them they would set them free in the woods.

We suspect these ladies have been used as breeding does. All had very swollen mammary glands that were full of pus and blood. Sadly, Krispie Kreme has fast growing lumps on her belly. The vet thinks that they have internal problems too.

Krispie Kreme has had tests on the lumps in her mammory glands which came out as non cancerous, but full of blood and pus. The lumps are invasive though and not viable to be removed. These started off as mastitus which was not treated and so infected her abdomen but both have got to the stage that treatment is too late. The vet says that to cut into her and try and remove the lumps is a bad idea as it will spread the infection as the lumps are not contained. He has recommended to stop surgical treatment now as it will not give either bunnies a good quality of life.
Krispie Kreme cannot be speyed because of the lumps on her tummy. They are very fast growing and have doubled in size over the weekend :(

n2.jpg

This is Nesquick. She too had swollen mammary glands that were full of pus and blood. She had a hernia which is now fixed up and has started to lose weight quickly suggesting that she has some sort of internal problem. The vet has said either a massive infection, but more likely to be cancer of something. Her spay was not a routine spay and her womb was in very bad shape when she was operated on suggesting cancer. It is likely that she has problems stemming from not being spayed early enough.

If both had been spayed when young then this would not have occured in either rabbit.

Anyway Nesquick eye was bulging out and I have just taken her to the vets. They said its an abcess in the jaw and nothing can be done, I knew this day was coming but I'm so upset. She is such a lovely bun.

Then I had this little girl come in with her 2 brothers
HPIM7439.jpg

They were the result of an accidental litter. They are all very underweight and very dehydrated :( They are 9 weeks old and are far too small and skinny :( These poor things were starving. The owner admitted she couldn't afford to feed them... although she didn't say she was neutering the parents.

The girl is the runt and so tiny and cold :(

Last edited:
Sending some vibes and some hugs, so sad and even worse when it's all so unnecessary xxxx

I know rescue can be hard, its just been a difficult few days with my cat doing a disappearing act after he got out when the fireworks went off and now this.

I really admire anyone who can selflessly do good for nothing except being nice!

I hope your cat comes back! if you posted about t I missed it! I do find it hard to keep up with the forum:oops:

And never ever be embarrassed about asking for support, you deserve it:love:

Thank you alio71

I really admire anyone who can selflessly do good for nothing except being nice!

I hope your cat comes back! if you posted about t I missed it! I do find it hard to keep up with the forum:oops:

And never ever be embarrassed about asking for support, you deserve it:love:

My cat did come back after over 24 hours. I was so scared because of the fireworks and how sick people can be. I think he was either hiding somewhere or stuck as he was freezing cold and its not like him to ever miss a meal.

I do it all for the animals and although its hard at times I wont ever stop. So many need help. I have had Nesquick for a while now and we couldn't rehome her as her and her sister are so unwell. Because of that I have really bonded with them and they feel like my own buns. They have had such a rubbish life I just wanted them to have as long as possible with me and now its coming to an end :'(

Thank you alio71

My cat did come back after over 24 hours. I was so scared because of the fireworks and how sick people can be. I think he was either hiding somewhere or stuck as he was freezing cold and its not like him to ever miss a meal.

I do it all for the animals and although its hard at times I wont ever stop. So many need help. I have had Nesquick for a while now and we couldn't rehome her as her and her sister are so unwell. Because of that I have really bonded with them and they feel like my own buns. They have had such a rubbish life I just wanted them to have as long as possible with me and now its coming to an end :'(

You deserve a medal (and thats not sarcastic BTW) I don't know if I could bare it:oops:

I am so glad your puddy cat came back in the end, these fireworks have a lot t answer for

You deserve a medal (and thats not sarcastic BTW) I don't know if I could bare it:oops:

I am so glad your puddy cat came back in the end, these fireworks have a lot t answer for

Thanks hun.

Yeah I hate the fireworks. Wish they wouldn't sell them to the general public as people are so irresponsible with them.

Just spoken to the vets. They said Nesquick's abscess was putting pressure on her and advised to put her down as she would have been in pain.

RIP Nesquick, you were a lovely girl and I hope your short time with me was happy xxxxx

I'm sorry to hear about Nesquik. Its always such a hard choice but you know your pets more than anyone, and know when its best to let them go in peace.

Helen xx

Thank you for the kind words. They do help. Its just so horrible and I feel bad fro Krispie Kreme being on her own. Having said that she isn't too well at the moment either :'(

I am so sorry to hear about these buns. I really do think that anyone who rescues does an amazing job and it must be heartbreaking when you get animals in who have such horrible (avoidable) problems. At least you show them love in their final days.

Binky free Nesquick and lots of vibes for the others. xx

Back